Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johns
England
North Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks,

I have viticulture and Tuscany (and might get Moors Visitors). They are currently unplayed as I've just been given them as a birthday gift. I've punched and sleeved Viticulture and plan to sleeve Tuscany. It was a struggle to get the base game back in the insert with the premium sleeves on so I can imagine that adding Tuscany will be difficult. Has anyone used the folded space insert? Alternatively has anyone managed to sleeve the base game and Tuscany and store it in the original insert?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I built myself a custom foamcore insert that holds sleeved mini-euro cards for the game + moor visitors expansion, unsleeved larger cards (handled less), both boards, player boards (including the Tuscany ones), instructions, metal coins, and game pieces. They all fit and the box closes completely.

I doubt I’ll be able to fit sleeved Rhine Valley cards into this box because things are ‘pretty tight’ as it is...

I also doubt I could have gotten anywhere near all this stuff into the box with the base insert — even modified — but YMMV.

Edited to add: be sure to get moor visitors — it’s a great enhancement to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the folded space inserts are available until February. They are on pre-order now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I sleeved everything (V EE, T EE, MV, and RV) and stuck each set of cards in the baggie that the sleeves came in (Mayday) and it all fits nicely in the base box without any insert. If I got the PnP of the older 3 modules then there is just enough space for them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sperry
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
50 Caliber Bob wrote:
Hi folks,

I have viticulture and Tuscany (and might get Moors Visitors). They are currently unplayed as I've just been given them as a birthday gift. I've punched and sleeved Viticulture and plan to sleeve Tuscany. It was a struggle to get the base game back in the insert with the premium sleeves on so I can imagine that adding Tuscany will be difficult. Has anyone used the folded space insert? Alternatively has anyone managed to sleeve the base game and Tuscany and store it in the original insert?

Thanks for any and all responses.

I have the folded space insert for viticulture and all the expansions sleeved. I'm really happy with it. It makes the box pop up to fit everything but I love being able to fit it all in one box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're set on keeping everything sleeved, then ignore my post

I have nothing sleeved, and I've got everything in the base V:EE box using the original insert, but no sleeves. It's truly a perfect fit. Nothing is mashed, and none of the bits get disheveled no matter how the box is handled or sitting.

I have:
-V:EE
-T:EE
-Moor Visitors
-Visitors from the Rhine Valley
-Special Worker promos

From the bottom of the box up:
-original V:EE board
-2 original punched cardboard token sheets (as spacers)
-original insert
-all components flush or below top of insert
-all rules/rules references
-Tuscany board
-Player boards
-T:EE player board extensions (in 3 stacks of 2 side-by-side)

All fits to come flush with the top of the box so that everything remains secure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:

All fits to come flush with the top of the box so that everything remains secure.

I can confirm that everything fits with no lid lift as long as you don't sleeve cards. I have things sorted in a different way, but it still fits without me having to remove the original insert. I'd save my money for games that need an insert more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Base game
Tuscany
Moor Visitors expansion

small cards in premium sleeves, big (without automa) in pro fit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Link
Germany
Reutlingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mb
I got my folded space viticulture insert a week ago and I love it! I got V:EE, Tuscany:EE, Moor Visitors and Rheingau and everything is sleeved. It fits perfectly without lifting the box and its so easy now to setup the game.

I highly recommend this!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bslt5ZdBDFp/?utm_source=ig_web_b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the tuscany expansion and sleeved cards in the folded space organiser. I find that 2 of the 6 player board extensions (that extend the size of your player board in the tuscany version) don't fit and need to be placed on top. This is the only cause of 1-2mm lid lift. Otherwise it would be perfect.
I'm not sure how others are getting all 6 of these in flush with sleeves without over squeezing things so that the box is expanding at the sides.
But a 1-2mm lid lift for me is negligible. So near perfect and an absolute must!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johns
England
North Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think two of the extension boards are supposed to sit vertically down the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three of them go on the side of the small card trays and three lay across the top of the player boards once they are inserted. Took me a few minutes to realize this after I almost burst open the box trying to squeeze them all in on the side

Altogether, it is a packed space with V:EE and T:EE. I'm not too sure how much is in the Moors expansion, but I don't know if there is room, especially if you sleeve your cards.

50 Caliber Bob wrote:
I think two of the extension boards are supposed to sit vertically down the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.