Subject: End of "white cycle", beginning of "blue cycle" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Luc Luyet
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I followed a few threads on this forum and it seems many people are interested in the future of TIME stories.

A recent article (07.12.2018) on the french website "Tric-trac" gave some informations about it. Here is a rough translation/summary.

new scenario: "Madame"

Something fishy is happening and you will understand it as soon as you start the game, at the base. Someone called Mike is talking to you instead of Bob. He looks more like a reality-show TV host than an employee of TIME agency.

Madame is an investigation. Think "Under the mask". The mechanic used in UTM (you can change avatar inside a run) will be re-used and updated. This scenario also comes with a new way to handle runs.

The french date of release for "Madame" is January 11th (2019)

Note: it is strongly recommended to have played several scenarios of TIME Stories before playing Madame (it is written on the box).

According to the french reviewer, Madame is a delightful cocktail aimed towards the players who know TIME Stories well (there is probably a lot of references ot other scenarios). He considers "Madame" to be like a nice dessert at the end of a good meal (the meal being the other TIME Stories scenarios).

End of a cycle

Madame will end the "white cycle" (or maybe a better translation would be "white period" / "white arc" / "white era") of TIME Stories. It is like a cliffhanger at the end of a season.

After that, a new cycle, called "Blue cycle" ("Blue arc" / "Blue period" / "Blue Era") will begin in 2019, with 2 new scenarios (one of them is "The Hadal project"). A third scenario in the "blue cycle" is already planned for christmas 2019.

You can start the blue cycle with any scenario you want: "The Hadal project" or the other one, it doesn't matter. Both will be released at the same time.

(Note: the name "white" and "blue" refer to the fact that starting from "The hadal project", the scenario box will have a blue cover instead of a white one.)

link to the original article (in french) : click here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why Hadal Project was turned into blue, it was supposed to be white originally.

Blue will easily mean a new base box as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

This is what I was expecting once I read the title... are there any more details about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I wonder why Hadal Project was turned into blue, it was supposed to be white originally.

I guess it's because "Hadal" refers to the deepest part of the ocean. Cool, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud
France
Vedène
Vaucluse
flag msg tools
badge
Ce n'est pas parce que nous vieillissons que nous arrêtons de jouer, c'est parce que nous arrêtons de jouer que nous vieillissons.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been said that for the new cycle, the scenario box will be self dependent. We do not have any prcise information about how this will work but we can estimate that an 'App' will replace the tokens and the board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Luyet
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like some of you, I thought that the blue cycle would mean a new "base game box". In the Tric-trac article, it is written (speaking about the first 2 scenarios of the "blue cycle")
Quote:
Sauf que là, ce seront deux boîtes au format scénario

which means : Both boxes will be of the size of a scenario box.

I was puzzled by this, since I thought the "blue cycle" would be a reboot of the TIME Stories franchise, but what Arnaud said is possible (use of an App) and would explain why there is no need for a new "base game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really interesting, would be nice if we could have more information but Space Cowboys are not really active in the community and also most of the time they have all preview and news only in French.
Btw probably they can use the experience made with unlock! to make something similar but with the storytelling and the cool location cards of time stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
jed1knight wrote:
Really interesting, would be nice if we could have more information but Space Cowboys are not really active in the community and also most of the time they have all preview and news only in French.

Yep. I wish the board gaming community is large enough to warrant community managers' presence, like most video game communities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud
France
Vedène
Vaucluse
flag msg tools
badge
Ce n'est pas parce que nous vieillissons que nous arrêtons de jouer, c'est parce que nous arrêtons de jouer que nous vieillissons.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Author of T.I.M.E Stories just released some news on Madame, and on the incoming blue-cycle of the game. This message is a copy of the message I posted here : https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30902069

Every T.I.M.E Stories scenario have always brought a little something new, a new mechanic, anything. For Madam, this will be a strong interaction between the players and their characters, as well as other things that cannot be unveiled without being surprised by the game. However, the authors confirm that this strong interaction between characters and players will be the basis of future extensions of T.I.M.E Stories.

Madam will therefore end the white cycle of T.I.M.E Stories (white, because of the color of the core box and of the scenarios box). The story-based reason for the end of the cycle will be more or less explained in the scenario of Madame and in the meta-story that we can find in every scenario on the TIME Agency website: https://www.thetimeagency.net

The blue cycle will begin a first scenario that will be released this summer (2019). Every new-cycle scenario will all be self-independent and will be playable without requiring any white box (core or not). They will cost approximately + 3/4 € per box. And no! The first scenarios of the blue cycle will not require any application on a smartphone to play. An application is not completely out of the question and may be reconsidered in the future.

And to conclude, a novel will also be published in the world of T.I.M.E Stories. The plot will occur between the end of the white cycle and the beginning of the blue cycle. Of course, this novel will answer to certain questions and will explain certain events that happened throughout the 9 histories told by the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
pedropuchalski wrote:
But the price... is very interesting... why it is so low... ? Not that it is something bad with low prices... but I wonder how much content there will be?

I think the +3/4€ means the new expansions will be 3 or 4 Euro more expensive than before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My theories on this topic are obsessive, but the season finale will appear to be the impending and inevitable attack on the agency.
As stated in Lumen Fidei, but especially in Brotherhood of the Coast, Elios has attempted to isolate the location of the agency. Given the preview, it looks like the attack will happen moments after your transfer in a seemingly trivial mission. All nine data cubes will come into play (the reason for including the note on the box) maybe as a way to bring you back in time?
It appears while the agency is attacked, we are all isolated in the past and forced to find a way back to the present...
My guess is that Elios is successful and the agency ends in ruin, thus the reason it is described as a cliffhanger...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimeCaptain wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My theories on this topic are obsessive, but the season finale will appear to be the impending and inevitable attack on the agency.
As stated in Lumen Fidei, but especially in Brotherhood of the Coast, Elios has attempted to isolate the location of the agency. Given the preview, it looks like the attack will happen moments after your transfer in a seemingly trivial mission. All nine data cubes will come into play (the reason for including the note on the box) maybe as a way to bring you back in time?
It appears while the agency is attacked, we are all isolated in the past and forced to find a way back to the present...
My guess is that Elios is successful and the agency ends in ruin, thus the reason it is described as a cliffhanger...

Holy spoiler alert! You need to hide that ASAP or you're going to ruin things for somebody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud
France
Vedène
Vaucluse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some news here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2154559/first-pictures-futu...

It seems that the editor will (at least) present the box at the French festival in Cannes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.