Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
From teaching Ron one Five Guys standard to the next. It was time for Sleuth.

Ron learned it quickly and professed it very fun (which pleased us all, since he's going to have to be used to it in this company.)

I had awful cards, winding up with four one-clue cards at an early stage, and I chucked them in.

Ron went through the usual newcomer process of struggling to find a notation system. Seems to us that he did a lot better than most newbies.

Ed managed to write down part of his hand incorrectly, and had to correct it later. Fortunately, no one gave out wrong information that voided the game.

Ben wasn't anywhere close to the answer, by his own account, when he lucked into it. He said he had 9-10 spaces completely blank.

This is really unusual in a game with 3 cards missing. 1 card missing, you can luck into the answer. But 3? But yet Ben said he had.

So the game was over, and the race was on for second. Ed guessed next. He missed one, having apparently written down one of Ben's pearls as an opal.

That left me and Ron playing out the string. Ron guessed next, and also missed one. Wasn't quite clear to us where the mistake was, but he'd done well to get to a guess so quickly on his first game.

I was awarded second place by default, though they allowed me to play an additional turn to determine the answer legitimately.

This classic seemed to be a bigger hit with Ron than Venture had been.

Ben -- 1st
Chuck -- 2nd
Ron -- 3rd
Ed -- 4th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.