Subject: Discount and tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If i use a token on a discount action. Next turn i want to use this discount, do i have to take another token put it on the new action and take the first token from the discount card and put it on top of the other token just put on the action ? Or i trigger the second action with the token on the discount card (i move it to the new action), so i save a token this turn and i have an extra action for the round, because one token have been used for the discount action and one turn later the same token use again for another action, with discount... Thank you

In the rules i don't see another token on the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far we understood, you take the discount token and a new token and place them on the space you want to discount.

I am guessing so you remember you got the discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Place discount token on (earlier) action. On a future action, place a token on an action that costs Yen and remove the previously placed discount token, placing it on top of the token you just placed (thus, freeing up your initial discount spot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
In the rules i don't see another token on the picture.

It's in the picture of my rulebook.

As was already pointed out, like it says in the rules picture below, "After choosing an action on a future turn, remove your action disk from the Discount space and place it on top of the newly chose action space."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes when you look in the rulebook you use the "discount token" to do the action, you save one ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
yes when you look in the rulebook you use the "discount token" to do the action, you save one ...
No you don't. You choose an action and move your discount token on top of it, just like it says.

In both pictures it shows moving the discount token on top of the token used to choose the action. That's why there are 2 and 3 tokens on the action spaces in the picture above. It even says in the center example "On a future turn, activate another action space, then add your discount disc to pay less for the new action."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
chaps31 wrote:
No you don't. You choose an action and move your discount token on top of it, just like it says.

In both pictures it shows moving the discount token on top of the token used to choose the action. That's why there are 2 and 3 tokens on the action spaces in the picture above. It even says in the center example "On a future turn, activate another action space, then add your discount disc to pay less for the new action."

Correct. A discount action does not give you another action, but instead lessens the cost of another action you might take that round. That's it.

Well done, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird, look at the rulebook, the picture where 2 tokens are moved from 2 discount cards to the invest card. There is 2 tokens on the invest card below it's the circle on the card not a third token, why ? We trigger an action with only one token, . So if we can see 2 tokens on the invest card it's because the picture show the card after we put the "discount tokens". It's the same in the first picture and there is only one token (again below it's the circle on the card). So maybe Jordan Draper can answer but the rulebook show :

- Turn 1 : i put 1 token or 2 on the discount card
- Turn 2 : i put these tokens on an action and use the discount.

When you do it you let other players taking one turn and maybe the card you want to go... You do nothing when you choose a discount, i think it's fair. Hum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
It's weird, look at the rulebook, the picture where 2 tokens are moved from 2 discount cards to the invest card. There is 2 tokens on the invest card below it's the circle on the card not a third token, why ?
OK now I see why there is confusion. Look closely,

There are 2 tokens on the left picture, and 3 on the right picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr is correct. There are 3 tokens present in the right image. 1 from the player’s pool of tokens, and the other 2 from the 2 separate discount cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ho... yes, i looked closely, you are right. Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a discount token apply to all buys for a station?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
jschlickbernd wrote:
Does a discount token apply to all buys for a station?

There's only one purchase made when placing a station. The rules say

Quote:
Be sure to apply discount spots before multiplying building costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.