Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the overall impressions of the core set?
How 'Highlander' are you all feeling the game thematically?
Also is the expansion good? The characters do not persay interest me that much but are the cards good to add into the pile?
Can the expansion be stored in the core set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zumbrun
msg tools
Punctuation Pirates! Created by teachers for students!
badge
By Zumbrun’s beard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed my first game. I used all core set characters, played 4, and went slow to kind of learn mechanics. It is simplistic but takes some planning and strategy, knowing what you want and need and where to go.

Thematically I was well satisfied. Between mini encounters and gaining quickening to beheading in the arena it felt like “Highlander” to me. The idea of playing through the ages, growing in power, gathering power and allies and establishing a timeline in preparation for the Gathering, it was good.

I can’t speak to the expansion characters as I haven’t played them yet, but I did add all the card together and it played fine. I think it just gives a little more variation and randomness in what events happen to the game. I love the minis though.

As far as fitting it in the core box, mine all fit but it took much creative insert demolition and arrangement meant. I cut down the sides of the expansion insert, cut out the middle section (card and dice holders) or the core set, I can fit the expansion minis under the core, game board and character cards in the bottom of the box, then I have all the cards, dice and tokens in the open space left. It fit but it to some time to create the storage solution.

Hope this all helps, enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zumby65 wrote:
I really enjoyed my first game. I used all core set characters, played 4, and went slow to kind of learn mechanics. It is simplistic but takes some planning and strategy, knowing what you want and need and where to go.

Thematically I was well satisfied. Between mini encounters and gaining quickening to beheading in the arena it felt like “Highlander” to me. The idea of playing through the ages, growing in power, gathering power and allies and establishing a timeline in preparation for the Gathering, it was good.

I can’t speak to the expansion characters as I haven’t played them yet, but I did add all the card together and it played fine. I think it just gives a little more variation and randomness in what events happen to the game. I love the minis though.

As far as fitting it in the core box, mine all fit but it took much creative insert demolition and arrangement meant. I cut down the sides of the expansion insert, cut out the middle section (card and dice holders) or the core set, I can fit the expansion minis under the core, game board and character cards in the bottom of the box, then I have all the cards, dice and tokens in the open space left. It fit but it to some time to create the storage solution.

Hope this all helps, enjoy.

Thanks!!
The signature weapons are not tied to specific characters?
Also cards are not magicsized?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.