6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Handcuffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked this on ArkhamDB under the card review, also, but does Handcuffs take two actions to play? One to put it into play as an Asset, then one to perform the Evade Action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
End the Shutdown!
mbmbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:
Asked this on ArkhamDB under the card review, also, but does Handcuffs take two actions to play? One to put it into play as an Asset, then one to perform the Evade Action?

Yes. Like all assets you have to first play the asset for one action before you can use the action on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kill Bray
msg tools
Yeah I think so. It's not an event, it's an asset with an action trigger. It's no different from a Flashlight or Knife although it doesn't occupy any slot.

You need to pay one action to put it in your play area before you can use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. It is an asset so you play in first (it is not fast). But notice it doesn't take any hand/accessory slots etc.

But yes, to attach it to an enemy you have to perform the evade action on the card.

The benefit is that if you fail the evade action, you can try again (on this turn or a future turn). Handcuffs don't exhaust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
The benefit is that if you fail the evade action, you can try again (on this turn or a future turn). Handcuffs don't exhaust.

Yeah, the only downside there will be with an Alert enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Moura
msg tools
soakman wrote:
Correct. It is an asset so you play in first (it is not fast). But notice it doesn't take any hand/accessory slots etc.

But yes, to attach it to an enemy you have to perform the evade action on the card.

Thats not the only benefit, you can also pre play it and leave it there ready to use when you need it in the future, since you invest resources when you play it you don't have to save resources if you want to have the option to use the handcuffs when you eventualy need it, event cards technicaly take less actions to play than assets like handcuff as they fire instantly, but they are also harder to plan around than assets are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.