Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiří Petruželka
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi,

1) Can someone please clarify fleet movement? So a fleet is basically a group of all ships on a selected space but is kinda abstract and is not connected to individual ships at all, so using the "pick or leave ships behind as it moves" the fleet can arrive with no ships from the original set <-- is this correct?

so for example e.g. (marking ships with numbers letters)

[AB][C][D][] -> [][ABC][D][] -> [][AB][CD][] -> [][AB][C][D]

(it's surprising you can purchase 3 group moves repeatedly for a single coin, that sounds extremely powerful)

2) What's the point of extra priest at Zeus or Dryad? I'm probably missing something here, but in the first case you pay 4 to gain 1 later. Considering you can only use priest to pay for gods even 1 would be too expensive.
In the latter case you pay at best 1 to deny someone 1 and that's only in a case they just got the priest, otherwise they would just have used him. I think Griffon or Sphinx denial is too much of a stretch

3) I assume you can only destroy your own building to build a Metropolis when you can't build elsewhere, not just if you choose so, right?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bradshaw
Australia
Baulkham Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoxArt wrote:
Hi,

1) Can someone please clarify fleet movement? So a fleet is basically a group of all ships on a selected space but is kinda abstract and is not connected to individual ships at all, so using the "pick or leave ships behind as it moves" the fleet can arrive with no ships from the original set <-- is this correct?

so for example e.g. (marking ships with numbers)

[AB][C][D][] -> [][ABC][D][] -> [][AB][CD][] -> [][AB][C][D]

(it's surprising you can purchase 3 group moves repeatedly for a single coin, that sounds extremely powerful)

2) What's the point of extra priest at Zeus or Dryad? I'm probably missing something here, but in the first case you pay 4 to gain 1 later. Considering you can only use priest to pay for gods even 1 would be too expensive.
In the latter case you pay at best 1 to deny someone 1 and that's only in a case they just got the priest, otherwise they would just have used him. I think Griffon or Sphinx denial is too much of a stretch

3) I assume you can only destroy your own building to build a Metropolis when you can't build elsewhere, not just if you choose so, right?

Thank you!

1) Your example is correct, but since ships are indistinguishable it's equivalent to:

[AB][C][D][] -> [][ABC][D][] -> [][BC][AD][] -> [][BC][D][A]

If you are bidding wisely money should be really tight so 1GP is not insignificant.

2) You don't discard the Priests, they give you a 1GP discount every turn, so if there is more than 4 turns left in the game it's worth it. A good way to give yourself a powerful bidding position in the endgame, as i said 1GP is not insignificant.

3) I'm not sure if this question has ever been answered, but I've always played you can choose to build the Metropolis on any space regardless, even if there is an open space elsewhere in your empire (which may be poorly defended for example). But you always have to build the Metropolis if able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewb55555 wrote:
3) I'm not sure if this question has ever been answered...

It has, but not decisively: Re: Can a player destroy their own building to make space?

FabienC wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

Is this true? If I have two islands, one with a partially obscured metropolis build spot, and one with a completely open metropolis build spot, do I have to build my metropolis in the second (open) spot? Or do I have a choice always (which is how I thought it was)

Honestly I'm not 100% sure, as this has never occured to me. However, I don't see a situation where you would want to do this.

But that would be an interesting question for Bruno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiří Petruželka
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thank you both!

Oh, so we've been playing priests wrong ... it all totally makes sense the way you described it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.