Subject: Combat hidden fo inactive players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules atm.

Becouse no one knows exactly what is in your fleet until you encounter them. Would it not be more thematic if only the two involved players get to see the combat pieces?

Not letting the other players see what is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think yes, it would be more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know saw the rules they are displayed face up in the hex sfter the combat ia done. And what i understand they will remain face up until they reach a friendly colony or homeworld?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but this one is easy to houserule - provided you have enough space on the board to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arguably more thematic indeed (but you could interpret the existing rule as reflecting that when someone gets attacked they broadcast warnings/news about it across the galaxy...)

But less playable (less practical to implement, and also it will be rather boring for players not involved a battle to have to not watch while the battle is resolved).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Arguably more thematic indeed (but you could interpret the existing rule as reflecting that when someone gets attacked they broadcast warnings/news about it across the galaxy...)

But less playable (less practical to implement, and also it will be rather boring for players not involved a battle to have to not watch while the battle is resolved).

You could houserule that players not involved may watch it, but after then after the battle all remaining ships are displayed face down.

OR, and I've been tweaking this for a variant of my own (but it requires a bit of roleplaying):

Players involved must narrate out loud their actions, so those not directly involved may hear about whats going on on the battle, but not see it happening (like it's broadcasting throughout the galaxy).

SO many possibilities!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.