Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau Norton
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas yet on a kickstarter launch date and price point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
beaunorton wrote:

Vital has said after all backers receive their copies of Escape Plan, On Mars will launch. ETA on that KS is June 2019, although I think in the last update or one of them, that they are ahead of schedule. So I'd guess July/August 2019.

re: Price, Escape Plan and Lisboa were both $79USD for backers and only increased in price once they went to retail. ie. Escape Plan now can be pre-ordered for $130 and I do not know the USD for Lisboa, with the upgrade pack it was $140CAD when it first hit retail. My guess would be that for On Mars they will stick to the $79-$89 price tag, but that is pure speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Q
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
beaunorton wrote:

Vital has said after all backers receive their copies of Escape Plan, On Mars will launch. ETA on that KS is June 2019, although I think in the last update or one of them, that they are ahead of schedule. So I'd guess July/August 2019.

If they are ahead of schedule then wouldn't the game arrive earlier?
That would be May or so. July/August would be if they were behind schedule.
Does this make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does, but until they get the games produced and on the boat, I chose to do an estimate based on the original delivery date of June, not the new projected one of April.

I gave a guess of when OM would launch, which is all one can do until Vital or EGG officially announce it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
beaunorton wrote:

Our intent at Eagle-Gryphon Games is to launch the Kickstarter for On Mars on April 18,2019! We are quite certain that we will be able to stick to this date but as we all know there are occasionally problems which crop up unexpectedly and foil plans. We do not expect that to happen in this case, and therefore we expect to launch On Mars on April 18.

Vital is correct to say it is our intent to deliver Escape Plan to our Kickstarter Backers by or around the launch of On Mars. However, it is not a pre-condition to the launch of On Mars that all EP is delivered beforehand. Ideally, all KS backers will have received their copies of Escape Plan by April 18. We are increasingly confident, as time goes on, that the vast majority will have done so. However, Backers for Escape Plan live all over the world and there are LOTS of them, so this is an ambitious goal, particularly since we initially estimated June as the delivery date.

The best we can tell you today is that the mass production process of printing Escape Plan has begun. There are lots of facets of this mass production, and many can develop problems underway. In fact, some have already -- but we think they have been solved. Currently we expect to have some (not all) of the total print run done prior to Chinese New Years (which starts in early February). And the balance will be finished just after Chinese New Years (which ends around February 20-22), depending on the factory involved (and there are many involved in the production of Escape Plan!) We think that 100% of production will be done by the end of the first week in March, but of course this is a "best guess" as of now.

Shipping is the next step, and the next unpredictable area for problems that can cause delays and unpredictability. We expect that no fewer than 6 containers will be leaving China, either full or close to it, at different times and with varying numbers of Escape Plan on them, during the month of February and into early March. We know we will need to get two containers to the US, two to the EU, one to Korea, and one to Australia, and of course some will need to be sent internally to our Chinese (VFI) warehouse) which serves our Asia backers.

Combine this shipping info with the staggered availability of the production finish dates mentioned above and you can begin to get a sense of why we equivocate a bit on simple, straight answers to the "simple enough" question of when will you be receiving your copy of Escape Plan.

As to price for On Mars, that's an easier equivocation. The answer is "We Don't Know Yet!" Vital has not yet finished the game (though he is close to it) and until we have a finished game with finished rules and thus a finished components list, we cannot submit to factories for quotes. And until we have those quotes, we cannot price the game.

So stay tuned and we will let you know when we have more information on both shipping and delivery of Escape Plan; and following soon, the confirmed launch date (likely April 18) and cost of On Mars!

Meanwhile don't forget that you can play Escape Plan (and possibly even play test On Mars) on Tabletopia now!

Within the hour I will obtain and send you the URL for On Mars on Tabletopia. Here it is, complete with a note from Vital: " If you want to playtest or play any of my published games on Tabletopia with me, just join and follow my Discord channel on https://discord.gg/2ujaHJH "

Thanks for your interest -- Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s a shame it’s not a month later. Would of hopefully been able to see a demo at UKGE 2019 while the Kickstarter was live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.