Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Dinosaur Island: Totally Liquid» Forums » General

Subject: How are you organizing this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dinosaur Island was already packed to the gills, and this expansion is almost as full.

I think it's a given that both boxes will be required to store everything, but I'm curious how people are organizing it and if anyone has any tricks or suggestions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naked Meeple
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I have all the cards and cardboard components (player boards, paddock upgrades, lab upgrades, dino recipies) in the base game box, fits super well. And everything plastic (player cubes, dino meeples) in the expansion box as well as obsolete phase 1 and 2 board. Still one whole compartment empty in the expansion box im not sure what to put in there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
These are awesome podcasts/YouTube channels
badge
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all 5 player boards and meeples in the base game box along with all of the pink Dino meeples, all of the cards and dice from both boxes as well as the metal coins. It's just the module stuff in the expansion box.

It's full and heavy but I can take just the base game box and be able to play with 5 people.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything in the base game box...with a caveat...the lid doesn’t go all the way down
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use both boxes and a separate deck box for the cards . That's a lot of space. But is sorts nicely.

In one box I have everything for setup, player items, Phase and turn order boards, etc. The only box has dinos, recipes, paddocks, i.e. everything needed for actual game play. This I have my dual deck box for my sleeved cards.

I wonder how much a Broken Token or Meeple Realty insert or box (like Pandemic) might/will/could cost?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric P
United States
Collinsville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Main game box contains:

+ Everything from base game
+ Additional "base" content from liquid (more pinks, new recipes, etc)
+ Module 1 (all the 5th player stuff)

- obsolete components (cardboard money, old phase boards, etc)
- "make your own" bits
- insert (was there one? I forgot)


Liquid box contains:

+ Module 2 - in 2 bags (recipes/paddocks and blue dinos)
+ Module 3 - one large bag containing facility boards and small baggies for each facility's bits and cards
+ Module 4 - one baggie of PR cards
+ Module 5 - one baggie of blueprints
+ obsolete bits and "make your own"

- insert
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Fabled_Alpaca wrote:
I've got all 5 player boards and meeples in the base game box along with all of the pink Dino meeples, all of the cards and dice from both boxes as well as the metal coins. It's just the module stuff in the expansion box.

It's full and heavy but I can take just the base game box and be able to play with 5 people.


Wow! How'd you manage that? I did a similar thing, but I couldn't fit all the cards in—the solo cards and all the cards related to expansion modules are in the expansion box—and I had to tear bits off the insert just to get that much.

Oh, I also have the pandasaurus tile and meeples in the expansion box because I prefer to play only with real animals (no shade, just a personal preference), but I could squeeze those into the base box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
These are awesome podcasts/YouTube channels
badge
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
this is how. All the boards are under the meeples. Not ideal but it works
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Here's mine. It's a bit neater because of the dividers, but you can see some ugly torn edges on the insert where I had to remove pieces of it so everything would fit. I might tape it back together in its new configuration eventually.




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K-Nick
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're a 3D printer type like me, a user named Webdad made a phenomenal 3D printed storage solution for the base game.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2727947

He has stated that he plans on creating a similar solution for the Totally Liquid and Duelosaur titles as well. If you're willing to wait a little bit, I bet the new one shouldn't be too far away.

Here's how it looks in my box:
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin P
msg tools


I gave up on getting all of it in one box and made a zoo.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yip, "Webdad" here. Design concepts have already started, and I plan on hitting it heavy this weekend. First priority will for Totally Liquid. I'll be modifying 2 or 3 pieces from the original insert to absorb all the new "standard" pieces, and then planning inserts to go in the TL box to hold everything else.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K-Nick
msg tools
mbmbmb
webdad wrote:
Yip, "Webdad" here. Design concepts have already started, and I plan on hitting it heavy this weekend. First priority will for Totally Liquid. I'll be modifying 2 or 3 pieces from the original insert to absorb all the new "standard" pieces, and then planning inserts to go in the TL box to hold everything else.

Looking forward to it! After the tremendous quality of your base game solution I can't wait to see what you come up with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Williams
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
I got everything in the base game box...with a caveat...the lid doesn’t go all the way down


Pictures?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KNick97 wrote:
If you're a 3D printer type like me, a user named Webdad made a phenomenal 3D printed storage solution for the base game.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2727947

He has stated that he plans on creating a similar solution for the Totally Liquid and Duelosaur titles as well. If you're willing to wait a little bit, I bet the new one shouldn't be too far away.

Here's how it looks in my box:


https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3300040

He's posted it! Printing the set out this week.

Now to find the Water Dino meeple STLs since I don't feel like paying $150+ for Totally Liquid KSE.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.