Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the first game and first couple solitaire games doing the setup a little wrong: I didn't just use the beige-bordered cards, I drew from all the black and beige-bordered cards shuffled together, and placed the cubes on the city drawn. There were more "internal" threats to deal with before working on the border; actually seemed to work ok!

Might give a little variety? I can't tell if the difficulty is much different, and there was a decent buildup of barbarians from the border in both cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, hey! Get off my branch!
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds really interesting. thumbsup

After I have a few more games played, I'm gonna try your "accidental" variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Selvaggio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I set up randomly the first time (like vanilla Pandemic) and it is playable but I find the official set up is more thematic and the opportunity of pacular revolts establishing a distraction from the main front is more dangerous (with all but black, usually) than pockets of trouble all over the board. I know that set up can appear redundant, but I feel, setting leaders on locations (which are random) are the key to each games strategy. I also find placing lone Legions, to be ambushed, around Rome helps. I play the version that no fort or legion may be in Rome and have won, using that variant, with 6 revolts, will try 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.