Iain Reid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Two of my great gaming loves are Arkham Horror, and Pathfinder, so ... I thought I would combine the two! I've gone for the full "Deluxe" experience, as there is nothing I enjoy more in Arkham Horror than breaking open a new cycle.

So, included in this "box" are

• New rules for Draft play. These can be played independently of the scenarios here.
• New rules for Treasure cards, powerful story assets that you discover through play. 12 Treasure cards are included.
• New rules for "Medieval Fantasy" - Pathfinder is set in a world without modern firearms.
• 6 new Investigators, along with signature cards/weaknesses
• 25 new player cards (some to help with your loss of firearms)
• 5 new encounter sets (for use here, or elsewhere)

• ... and of course two new scenarios!

You can download it all, print-and-play style, at Arkham Central

http://arkhamcentral.com/index.php/pathfinder-strange-aeons/

All suggestions and feedback welcome here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great. I like the angry mob illustration from Magic. I loved playing that card and sending my humans to death to boost it. Worked wonder with thatcher's revolt and champion of the parish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cym
Poland
flag msg tools
Ive added it to TabletopSimulator https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13220...
Havent play it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion5o2 wrote:
Ive added it to TabletopSimulator https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13220...
Havent play it yet.

Amazing, thanks Greg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manthos gousiaris
msg tools
mb
Why do all investigators have Amnesia as their basic weakness?? That's the worst weakness in the game!!

Amazing work by the way. Looking at player cards, I pretty much found a few cards that seem too strong or too weak and I remember specifically 1 card, it was 1 4-xp Seeker card I think that gave an incredible bonus at a gravely cost. That card seems to be unplayable to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The investigators all have Amnesia as their weakness, as it is linked to the campaign story. Everyone wakes up with no memories of their past lives.

For the 4XP Seeker card (8XP actually as he is Exceptional), that will be the famous Abdul Alhazred, creator of the Necronomicon and now immortal sorcerer of the Dreamlands. To be fair, he's a pretty "far out" player card, probably the most of any of the cards in the expansion, so it's perhaps worth putting some other examples next to him. Included above are one player card of each color to give you a range to compare him against.

I played a lot with Abdul to see how powerful he is. He's strongest the most in true solo (obviously especially if you get him in your starting hand), but I'm OK with that, as true solo is the hardest mode, and there are plenty of cards that are stronger in multiplayer. If you don't draw him in your starting hand, you've got a huge 8XP spend that might not be playable later on, so its a big gamble. He's really a build-around card, but Seeker could do with a few of them as their fundamentals cards are so well filled out at present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.