Hide
4 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » General

Subject: Any Role from the expansions that you find mandatory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo San
msg tools
I just got the base game and my group and I loved it! So much, that even after 1 session play, I already started looking for the expansions. I know it's too soon, that we should play the base game more. But I thought: maybe not get an expansion already, but proxy a role or two that make the base game much better.

So, are there any roles that you guys wish it was on the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion roles are neat, but none are mandatory IMO. We find Troublemaker and Robber the only mandatory roles in our plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... nothing's really popping out at me as necessary, especially with how subjective of a question this can be depending on the group. Here are my top suggestions, though:

From Daybreak:
Alpha Wolf (which you'll need to look up the rules for)
Paranormal Investigator (P.I.)
Witch (another card swapper like Robber and Troublemaker)
Village Idiot (if only once to see the chaos in action)

From Vampire:
Copycat (the only role that doesn't interact with the newly introduced Marks)

From Alien:
Oracle (for whom you'll need to assign ever player a number, which is as easy as counting up from 1 in a curcle)
Blob (alternative to Tanner... or use both)
Mortician (alternative to Tanner... or use both)

From Bonus Pack 2:
Apprentice Tanner (use in addition to Tanner)
Thing (good substitute for Masons)
Squire (alternative to Minion, especially if your Werewolves are having a tough time winning)

Of these 11, I most recommend trying out Witch, Copycat, Oracle, Blob, and Mortician.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Daybreak is definitely the expansion to buy if you're buying one.

I'd say the Witch, Sentinel and Revealer are good enough and simple enough they wouldn't have been out of place in the base set. We use them way more often than Minion, Hunter or Doppelganger.

The only role from beyond Daybreak that we play with any regularity is Copycat. Copycat has a lot of the subtlety and awesomeness of Doppelganger with none of the complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.