Subject: Bandido Dynamite Factory (Sinister Laugh) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaist Heidegger
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

We've been wrangling Shadows of Brimstone again and one of the gang went with the Bandido & a dynamite focus. As we played one particular mission, with grit on rolls of 1 or 2 for movement along with Sinister Laugh (chance to regain grit with every kill) in the mix he as getting a ton of grit left and right--and dumping it into dynamite every time he got to two consistently, frequently 'in reaction' to capping out his grit again (similar to immediately spending excess grit to move.)

Well, it went extraordinarily well for him as it turns out--maxing out his side bag and dynamite satchel in short order and generally being able to lob dynamite all over the place. At some point, he started getting too much dynamite to even carry, so he wanted to start selling sticks to other characters for $50 a pop to keep making more dynamite.

Realizing that the usefulness of this is invariably going to drop off against tougher enemies (this happened to be the Swamp mission fighting exclusively Hungry Dead + Corpse Piles--so Sinister Laugh was generating boatloads of grit) is this generally expected performance / behavior for a dynamite focused Bandido, or did we inadvertently mess something up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to line up with my brief experience with the Bandido and dynamite. That playstyle is SUPER fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Get him a Cavalry Saber so he can make a Melee Attack AND throw Dynamite in the same turn!

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaist Heidegger
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silopolis wrote:
Seems to line up with my brief experience with the Bandido and dynamite. That playstyle is SUPER fun.

He really had a blast with it and the Sinister Laughter ended up being both in and out of character!

Inspector Jee wrote:
Yes. Get him a Cavalry Saber so he can make a Melee Attack AND throw Dynamite in the same turn!

- Jee

Sweet, I will pass that along. Presumably dynamite tossing follows the same rules where if you're in melee with an enemy you can't make a ranged attack that doesn't first target adjacent enemies though? Not that I think he'd be too opposed to spiking dynamite at his feet if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaist wrote:
Presumably dynamite tossing follows the same rules where if you're in melee with an enemy you can't make a ranged attack that doesn't first target adjacent enemies though? Not that I think he'd be too opposed to spiking dynamite at his feet if necessary.

Dynamite does NOT follow this rule. This rule is only for assigning Ranged Hits that you accumulate AFTER rolling To-Hit, so it doesn't apply to things that don't fit that mechanical template. You don't get any Hits to assign with Dynamite. It just goes off whereever it lands.

Surprise: this rule doesn't apply to Melee Hits if you somehow manage to be able to assign Melee Hits to spaces more than 1 square away (like if your Hero was using a Naginata).

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine having The Cigarette Case as your personal item as well. We had a dynamite Bandido with 3 hands, (One With Calvary Saber), That had an initiative of 3 i think. SO at the end of many Combats he just gained a dynamite (1 grit from Cigarette case, and took 1 from not acting in the last round)

He also ended up selling alot of dynamite because of this. Eventually he got a pack mule so that he could carry more dynamite. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darthjawa13 wrote:
Eventually he got a pack mule so that he could carry more dynamite. lol

Now that's HILARIOUS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.