Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game group (1st time 4 player game of expansion) was having problems with confusing Stations as Cities or Cities as Stations in the branchlets. Maybe its because you can put a disc in either one, I repeatedly pointed out that the cities look like shields and have the Banner across the top and the stations are only squares. Not a complaint but just an observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they have the same confusion in the base game? They look and are called the same in the expansion as they are in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
Did they have the same confusion in the base game? They look and are called the same in the expansion as they are in the base game.

I think I understand the confusion. In the base game, the two are on different eyelines. The cities are above the track and the stations below. When RttN mixes them, it takes a bit more concentration to describe something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
dhc3po wrote:

I think I understand the confusion. In the base game, the two are on different eyelines. The cities are above the track and the stations below. When RttN mixes them, it takes a bit more concentration to describe something.

We've only played twice, both 4-player games. I can't speak for the folks I was playing with, but I definitely had to concentrate a little harder during the game to keep track of which cities were which type. I'm sure it will become less of an issue as I become familiar with the board. The part I found most difficult was when we came to scoring, and having to pick out the correct cities for each step. After the second game (should have thought of it earlier!) I realized that it will be much easier in scoring if we first remove all of the branchlets to reduce the visual clutter, then score the stations (since there are only two of them on the new board) and remove those tokens. Then scoring the cities should be easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:

We've only played twice, both 4-player games. I can't speak for the folks I was playing with, but I definitely had to concentrate a little harder during the game to keep track of which cities were which type. I'm sure it will become less of an issue as I become familiar with the board. The part I found most difficult was when we came to scoring, and having to pick out the correct cities for each step. After the second game (should have thought of it earlier!) I realized that it will be much easier in scoring if we first remove all of the branchlets to reduce the visual clutter, then score the stations (since there are only two of them on the new board) and remove those tokens. Then scoring the cities should be easy.

Be careful; at least one of the new station master tiles award points based on where branchlets have been built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:

Be careful; at least one of the new station master tiles award points based on where branchlets have been built.

Excellent point; I’ll keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
I repeatedly pointed out that the cities look like shields and have the Banner across the top and the stations are only squares. Not a complaint but just an observation.
This is one way to distinguish it. Stations aso have the characteristic triangle on top of the square. These different shapes are also important to distinguish them in the base games on the post contract cards. However on the board, the stations are quite significant different due to the space with the clock, where the bonus tile goes, which can be exchanged with a person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.