3 Posts

Quartermaster General» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 responses at the beggining of play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gastelum
Mexico
flag msg tools
Can a player play 2 response cards he previously prepared that both trigger at the beggining of the play step?

I was under the impresion that can be done as long as you give the other team a chance to play a response if they have one.
But a friend of mine argued that while you can play any number of responses to a particular event, you can't play multiple "at the beggining of play step" responses since it's not an event, it's a step.

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, and your friend is not. You can reveal as many response cards as you want, as long as you resolve them one after the other (you can't interleave, you can only reveal the next response once the previous one has been fully resolved). And, yes, for every effect, the opposing team gets a chance to trigger reactions of their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can play more than one Response at the beginning of the play step.

Note this clarification on page 5 of the Air Marshal rules, which also apply to the base game as noted on the same page and on the QMG FAQ:

Quote:
• If a team has multiple reactions to the same trigger, only one
is used at a time. Then the other team can use a reaction.
A team with multiple reactions to the same trigger can use
them in the order it chooses, as long as the other side has a
chance to use a reaction in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.