Stone Age» Forums » General

Subject: Would you buy this game to play it mostly solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, this game looks great. I see there are some solo variants for it. Would you buy it for solo purposes?
Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
May the Holy Grail protect me from these evil deeds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I wouldn't. There are so many games out there that are designed to be played as solo games I would probably try out one of those.

Now if you get it on the table regularly with 2+ players, then yes, go for it. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't play this solo (I didn't even know there were solo variations), but the app is very good if you're interested in trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Thomas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree there are games better suited to solo play I have enjoyed playing Stone Age by myself.

When I first got the game I had no one to play it with so I set up a four player game and played all positions. I probably did that 3 or 4 times. It was a lot of fun and a great way to learn the game.

Playing with real opponents is a lot better and I've had dozen or more games with 2-4 players.
But Stone Age solo isn't bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I think I'll get the game done time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.