19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Consoldiated Trial Vote Shilling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Williams
Morocco
flag msg tools
Trial Votes are coming up, here's the list of what people on BGG and CSW are shilling for.

with 10 votes I always have some left over, so use them on the games where people have asked for my support. If you are like me, or would like this information for some other reason here it is:

Kevin Youells - Auztrailia

Kaarin Engleman - Wings of the Baron

JfKramer - Naval War

Frank McNally - Republic of Rome

Herr Dokhter and The usual crowd - Write in for 1776

Joel Tamburo - Blood Rage

John Pack - Gangsters

Chris Trimmer - Mr Madisons War & 878 Vikings

++++++

Yeah I probably spelt someone's name wrong, sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m hoping Sagrada gets voted in

Space Base too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Empires III, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need Wilderness War votes.

1776 is gonna get sponsored in, so don’t use a vote there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will put out a more detailed post later but I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider voting for Tin Goose.

Tin Goose had its strongest year ever in attendance last summer but unfortunately still fell off the Century list. T_G is an excellent game that seems to be developing a solid group that make it a point to play each year while also attracting new players. Designer Matt Calkins has offered demos each year and generously provided prize support for the game as well. This is a game that has had several years of steady (but modest) growth and I think it will continue to appeal to a broader audience each year if it has the opportunity to get legs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not one for shilling, but I've put in Food Chain Magnate. I think it'll do well with the WBC crowd if it does get in; it's not clear to me that get in it will. I'm worried I missed the bus on it being popular, but I think it has enough staying power to be worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious the BGG community's thoughts on what Euros will get in.

My group is convinced that the best place to put votes for heavy euros is Feast For Odin and Gaia Project.

Does that match with everyone else's read of things?

Also, my kid pretty much comes to WBC with us to play Monsters Menace America. If anyone would like to put their 10th vote their, my family would appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:

My group is convinced that the best place to put votes for heavy euros is Feast For Odin and Gaia Project.

I was hoping to see you making another prognostication thread, I enjoyed reading your old ones and am interested in offering my own thoughts versus yours.

With that being said I rather get the sense that's probably correct. I saw so much Gaia Project being played last year and so much interest I'd be really shocked if that one didn't make it. I also like AFFO's chances as that seems reasonably popular with many WBC attendees. I saw it being played several times, and in general heard positive feedback from attendees when I suggested I would be interested in running it.

As for the rest? I really don't know. I suspect most of the other new entries for Euro's are going to have a hard time finding their way in given I suspect a lot of games will be voted back in and I think the number of new Euro's to spread votes between will largely dilute all of their chances of actually making it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 wonders duel, and auzstrailia, evolution, five tribes, santa fe rails, sagrada, and union pacific I expect to make it. Gaia project, istanbul, and yokohama will likely make it.

not sure about odin, or age of empires 3. Would like to see both in, but they may not have the votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spleen wrote:
7 wonders duel, and auzstrailia, evolution, five tribes, santa fe rails, sagrada, and union pacific I expect to make it. Gaia project, istanbul, and yokohama will likely make it.

not sure about odin, or age of empires 3. Would like to see both in, but they may not have the votes.

A Feast for Odin will likely draw votes from all of my crew that attends WBC and actually VOTES (probably 5 votes) as will Gaia. AoE III might get two votes. AoE is actually a better tourney game than Gaia or Odin, but I'll happily play whatever gets voted in.

I'll guess a few votes each for Yokohama and Istanbul, and one for Evolution. The Auzstralia, Sagrada, and Seven Wonders Duel fans in my area don't attend. Sagrada might get a filler vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping Labyrinth gets voted back in Down from a low of 8 players, it was up to 19 this year, so I'd like it to have a chance to continue this growth to see if it can get into the century. The expansion, used for the first time in the 2018 tournament, really adds a lot to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for AOE, and not the other two. I've asked a few other locals to help me out with AOE as well. I like the game and hope it makes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not running it, but I'd love to see Blood Bowl (2016 edition) get in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sheer number of players who entered 7 Wonders Duel should get it voted back in again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
I'm not running it, but I'd love to see Blood Bowl (2016 edition) get in!

Yeah I had proposed on it for 2018 and it didn't come close, so was pleasantly surprised someone else submitted on it this year. Regardless, it's got my vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the page for reference.

http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc_preparation_pelorphans.html

66 events up for vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
The sheer number of players who entered 7 Wonders Duel should get it voted back in again.

Not many players actually vote...
Does 7 Wonders Duel attract the kinds of players who register well in advance AND vote?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 wonders duel had 493 votes last year and was at the top of the list, so I'd say yeah, people vote for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
ardrummo wrote:

I was hoping to see you making another prognostication thread, I enjoyed reading your old ones and am interested in offering my own thoughts versus yours.

I will :-)

I just won't have time to crunch numbers until after the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.