Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I owned the original 1999 version years ago along with the Player's Guide. Unfortunately, I had to sell it for some cash when times were tough, "way-back-when".

I've just pre-ordered the deluxe version of the game (can't wait! -- this one will NEVER be sold). I was just wondering if there has ever been any talk from GMT Games about just reprinting the Player's Guide (no cards, just the booklet)? I'd like to have one just for nostalgic reasons. And I thought I remember there being articles about different opening moves and the like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Preiser
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
SFMF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gregorio
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not aware of any discussions to reprint the PG Player's Guide. IMHO, while it might have nostalgic value to some, from a practical perspective a lot of the information is outdated. (Example: The "Dance of Death" material hasn't been relevant for a decade plus.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Schuster
Germany
Augsburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Player's Guide and all it's cards and tokens will be included in the upcoming printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards and tokens yes, the guide no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy that I would sell for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've a copy that I buyed for an unreasonable price
And I'm buying the 6th reprint with GMT's P500, I love this game far too much!
By the way, didn't GMT have to charge credit card already on December 10th?
They're late
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
mcszarka wrote:
I have a copy that I would sell for a reasonable price.

Hi Mike! What's your asking price and in what condition is the guide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters unpunched, cards examined but not used in a game, rulebook read and will show moderate signs of handling. $50?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Naftalino wrote:
I've a copy that I buyed for an unreasonable price
And I'm buying the 6th reprint with GMT's P500, I love this game far too much!
By the way, didn't GMT have to charge credit card already on December 10th?
They're late

"Dec 10-13 or so", I think (Dec 1st update).
But, yeah, that still pretty much makes them late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
mcszarka wrote:
Counters unpunched, cards examined but not used in a game, rulebook read and will show moderate signs of handling. $50?

Sorry, Mike. I wasn't ignoring you. I'm on vacation for two weeks and it's the holidays, so things are pretty crazy busy at the moment.

If I were a "completionist" I'd snap that right up, but I'm not. I tend to think of $50 as cash towards my next CDG purchase. So I'm going to pass and let you keep your Player's Guide. It definitely is a collectible and I'm sure there are some collector's out there that will be looking for it. I do thank you for taking the time to tell me your price though, and I wish you the best of luck in selling it, if that is indeed what you desire!

All the best!
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shonai_Dweller wrote:
"Dec 10-13 or so", I think (Dec 1st update).
But, yeah, that still pretty much makes them late.

One minute ago, my credit card has been charged!
Urrah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh and Paths moves up to Charging. Hopefully the deluxe board and SPQR soon to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:
mcszarka wrote:

Sorry, Mike. I wasn't ignoring you. I'm on vacation for two weeks and it's the holidays, so things are pretty crazy busy at the moment.

If I were a "completionist" I'd snap that right up, but I'm not. I tend to think of $50 as cash towards my next CDG purchase. So I'm going to pass and let you keep your Player's Guide. It definitely is a collectible and I'm sure there are some collector's out there that will be looking for it. I do thank you for taking the time to tell me your price though, and I wish you the best of luck in selling it, if that is indeed what you desire!

All the best!
Scott

Well I just posted it for $40 if anyone's looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cancelled my order for Paths. I was charged 50% more for shipping than a friend of mine, living 4km away in the same city.

I'll just order from a german shop instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
I just cancelled my order for Paths. I was charged 50% more for shipping than a friend of mine, living 4km away in the same city.
I'll just order from a german shop instead.

I buyed PoG with Euro Friendly shipping to avoid customs surcharges.
But I see on my GMT's account that they have charged "Non-Asia Overseas Surface - Slow Option" shipping.
I contacted them via email but unanswered until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naftalino wrote:
I buyed PoG with Euro Friendly shipping to avoid customs surcharges. But I see on my GMT's account that they have charged "Non-Asia Overseas Surface - Slow Option" shipping.

Ok, I've chated with them and the problem has been solved in few minutes. Really great service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tse
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naftalino wrote:

I buyed PoG with Euro Friendly shipping to avoid customs surcharges.
But I see on my GMT's account that they have charged "Non-Asia Overseas Surface - Slow Option" shipping.

I had the exact same problem with you and contacted a very polite lady through the chat. She told me that she would make a note in my order for a Euro Friendly shipping to be selected.I foolishly forgot to ask her if I had to pay the difference between the shipping options
Did they mention anything for your case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetton wrote:
I had the exact same problem with you and contacted a very polite lady through the chat. She told me that she would make a note in my order for a Euro Friendly shipping to be selected.I foolishly forgot to ask her if I had to pay the difference between the shipping options
Did they mention anything for your case?

Yeah! I asked for this and they said me there's no difference to pay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.