Miguel
Spain
Oviedo
flag msg tools
Page 14 of the rulebook says: Commandos in critical condition are ignored by enemy units (who are considered stealthy)

Page 4 says: Commandos become immediately visible if any or the following circumstances occur:
- They shoot with a "not stealthy" gun
- They move onto a large tile
- They move onto a medium tile with 1AP
- They fail a stealth check
- A "spotted token" happens

If we apply rules as written, a commando in critical condition on a large tile is stealthy, and when it gets healed he keeps stealthy, because there's no rule on becoming visible because of STAYING on a large tile (uniforms, smoke grenades, and such aside)

But I think rules as intended ment to make the dying commando ignored, so germans can move and shoot other commandos, but when he gets healed he gets inmediately visible unless it's the scout, or there's another effect in place. Event cards that change the behaviour of large tiles suggest that, because they specifically make visible any commando that stays on a large tile next turn, except for the Scout or commandos using german uniform.

How do you guys solve this? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Commandos are ignored. Solves a lot of problems, rules wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Yes, but that's not what the OP is asking about.

He is asking what happens when a Critical Commando that is on a Large tile gets healed? Is that Commando still Stealthy or is he Visible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MagWiz wrote:
martimer wrote:

He is asking what happens when a Critical Commando that is on a Large tile gets healed? Is that Commando still Stealthy or is he Visible?
Why would it become Stealthy. Stealthy has to be "earned".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
MagWiz wrote:
martimer wrote:

Because a Critical Commando is considered Stealthy.

Example:
1. A Commando moves onto a Large Tile and therefore becomes Visible (page 4).
2. The Commando is hit by enemy fire and is in Critical Condition. He is now considered Stealthy (page 14).
3. The Commando is Healed. He is still on the Large tile but did not do any of things listed on page 4 that makes a Commando Visible.

Is the Commando Stealthy or Visible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the designer will chime in soon. My guess is visible but I usually guess wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Oviedo
flag msg tools
MagWiz wrote:
martimer wrote:
MagWiz wrote:
martimer wrote:

Because a Critical Commando is considered Stealthy.

Example:
1. A Commando moves onto a Large Tile and therefore becomes Visible (page 4).
2. The Commando is hit by enemy fire and is in Critical Condition. He is now considered Stealthy (page 14).
3. The Commando is Healed. He is still on the Large tile but did not do any of things listed on page 4 that makes a Commando Visible.

Is the Commando Stealthy or Visible?

Exactly, that's my question. I think it's a legitimate one, and I hope someone has reached to a conclusion that wants to share .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the intent of the game was that any time a Commando is on a large tile they are visible unless they were in the critical state. A Commando is ignored while in this state to ease some game rules and this allows them to get healed and allows the enemies to be able to ignore them. In my view of the intent of the rules, if a commando has been healed on a large tile they are now visible and should be getting off that tile or dispatching enemies if they can.

It's been a while since I've played but that's the way I'd play it from what I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
I thought the intent of the game was that any time a Commando is on a large tile they are visible unless they were in the critical state. A Commando is ignored while in this state to ease some game rules and this allows them to get healed and allows the enemies to be able to ignore them. In my view of the intent of the rules, if a commando has been healed on a large tile they are now visible and should be getting off that tile or dispatching enemies if they can.

It's been a while since I've played but that's the way I'd play it from what I remember.
This ^^ is also how I would play it.

However, the rules doesn't clearly say either way. If you look at it strictly RAW it seems like the Commando would stay Stealthy after being healed (since he did not do any of the things listed on page 4 to become Visible).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does this thread help?

Healing Critical - Stealth status

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatbretguy wrote:
Does this thread help?

Yes, thanks! I couldn't find anything when I searched, and for some reason I didn't think of looking at the rules for First Aid Kits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pepitosegrilla wrote:
Exactly, that's my question. I think it's a legitimate one, and I hope someone has reached to a conclusion that wants to share .
So, I was right - HooRAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Oviedo
flag msg tools
thatbretguy wrote:
Does this thread help?

Yes, thanks, I didn't find that thread when I searched... Sometimes rules are allocated in the less expected place surprise, but somehow we all thought this should be the solution.

Very nice, thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.