Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven’t spent time in the geek gold mines to scrape up enough for an avatar?

Fear not!

Tell us how much you need to buy an avatar.

Tell us your favorite wargame.

Geek Gold will magically appear!

Why get an avatar? They block other BGGers from seeing you yak on the Internet wearing nothing but your socks and underwear.

And yes, we can all see that hole in your sock.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, my current favorite wargame is 1775: Rebellion. But I'm trying to learn Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe. I don't know how much avatars cost. I have 11 geek gold. doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, hey! Get off my branch!
mbmbmbmbmb
CactusJuice wrote:
Hi, my current favorite wargame is 1775: Rebellion. But I'm trying to learn Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe. I don't know how much avatars cost. I have 11 geek gold. doh!

They cost 30gg so you're good to go now. I'm throwing some too so you can get some more microbadges, or start saving for a geekbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mogensen
Denmark
Silkeborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... that would have to be "World in Flames".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
moriarty wrote:

GG send.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mathews
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dare to be different and have no Avatar. That's what I tell myself when I spend 5 minutes looking and giving up deciding on one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. H.
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungadunga wrote:
Haven’t spent time in the geek gold mines to scrape up enough for an avatar?

Fear not!

Tell us how much you need to buy an avatar.

Tell us your favorite wargame.

Geek Gold will magically appear!

Why get an avatar? They block other BGGers from seeing you yak on the Internet wearing nothing but your socks and underwear.

And yes, we can all see that hole in your sock.

What a great idea!

Happy to donate to the cause.

I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VL
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Sitting at 10.5 right now. I played Labyrinth the awakening to death. Now looking to play Hex 'n Counter games. I have quite a few of them on interesting periods but sadly my usual gaming friends are less interested in those cry. Don't really fancy Vassal and sorts
Thank you for your wonderful generosity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
phormio wrote:
CactusJuice wrote:

They cost 30gg so you're good to go now. I'm throwing some too so you can get some more microbadges, or start saving for a geekbadge.

Are there 30gg microbadges? I thought they were priced at 8gg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Woods
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"A future is something that you make yourself. You have to believe in it."
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
phormio wrote:
CactusJuice wrote:

30 for the avatar, he's adding some extra so the user can have some left over to get a microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rabidkiwi143 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
phormio wrote:
CactusJuice wrote:

30 for the avatar, he's adding some extra so the user can have some left over to get a microbadge.

Ah, missed that diversion in the thread. Thought it was about microbadges.

Someone walked into the food pantry and asked for catering at a party they were throwing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's gotta be Here I Stand. Probably my (at least second) favorite game period. I've got 8.05 GG to my name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Chudzik
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite wargame at the moment is OCS Tunisia II, but I suspect that one of the Eastern Front titles will supplant it once I've played one of them. I have 5.1 geek gold to my name currently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
moriarty wrote:

GG send.

I'm surprised

Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb

didn't beat you to this one. Also, GG sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don’t want to be the party-pooper here, but since that BGG is giving away 1000GG bag as a promotion to anybody that gives at least $15 for their web site’s new december supporters, is there really a need for this topic?

I mean, if you cannot spare $15 to support this web site, but still have money to buy lots of games, something does not compute in my mind here... You will spend way much than this for just one game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't wanna sound rude, but maybe they (still) don't want support this website "because reasons".
This thought doesn't disqualify them from wanting an avatar, nor from someone that willingness donates their geekgold for it.
Be happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Don’t want to be the party-pooper here, but since that BGG is giving away 1000GG bag as a promotion to anybody that gives at least $15 for their web site’s new december supporters, is there really a need for this topic?

I mean, if you cannot spare $15 to support this web site, but still have money to buy lots of games, something does not compute in my mind here... You will spend way much than this for just one game!

In theory, I agree. I also would point out that large quantities of GG can be had for pennies... or at most a fiver or two.

With that said, this is still a wonderful idea by Hunga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
juno29 wrote:
I don't wanna sound rude, but maybe they (still) don't want support this website "because reasons".
This thought doesn't disqualify them from wanting an avatar, nor from someone that willingness donates their geekgold for it.
Be happy

I always laugh when donation decisions to a site about toys becomes a political act.

As in, "Where the Eff is the perspective?" or "If This Is Your Battleground, Then The World Must Be Mighty Insignificant"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juno29 wrote:
Be happy

This is a far-fetched theory, but sure, why not? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty of users who have had run-ins with the mods here that no longer donate to the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
There's plenty of users who have had run-ins with the mods here that no longer donate to the site.

Right. It probably never happened to the newbies without avatars yet, though.

BTW despite some lukewarm experiences, one of which causing me to ask them to remove the "Game Designer" banner from my profile, I still do donate. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Silver
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working my way up on GG. Donated $15 this afternoon to the cause...and now sitting on 15 gold. Almost there...kinda like my Lock n Load Tactical orders!

Picked up Heroes against the Red Star only to find that it was missing countersheet #4! Luckily Darren at LnL shipped me a new sheet this week. *That* led me to pick up: Heroes of Normandy, The Motherland (with Dark July) and Solo. I'm "kinda" excited!

-Chris

Edit: Thanks all for the Geek Gold! Now I don't feel like such a peasant around here. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. H.
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forzamark wrote:
Dare to be different and have no Avatar. That's what I tell myself when I spend 5 minutes looking and giving up deciding on one.

Is that Kermit doing unspeakable things to Miss Piggy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian MacGregor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a relative newcomer to the hobby, I've managed to acquire a few mainly solo games such as Ambush, RAF, Field Commander Napoleon, B-17 Flying Fortress Leader and other popular games such as Memoir 44.

Favourite at the moment? Well how about something a little 'out of left field' - Cruel Necessity. Not your classic wargame but I'm enjoying the game and the history lesson at the same time!

Thanks very much - one new avatar added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.