Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
In all my games, TRANSPORT (2 dice) is the worst/least used ship ability. We mainly use it to place a Quantum Cube at the beginning of the game (first turn), after that it is only used for battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Transport is great! In addition to what you mention, it's great especially when paired with a Battleship. The Battleship has a lot of range when paired with a Transport.

My answer would be the 6 (Scout?). Free reconfigure, but then you can't use the ship ability you reconfigured to. By definition the ability is used in order to not have that ability anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using it to place a cube is awesome, why do it only first turn?
You can use it to set up a build threat position while protecting a 5 or a 6. Like this
#######
o 26 #
oPooPo#
o o #

From this position, the 6 is hard to attack, and you can build on the left planet. It's also hard to block the 2 as there are multiple ways to place the ships in orbital position.
It combos with all the move powers which can be really strong (Curious, Tactical, Agile). You can also find some interesting synergies with Ingenious and Strategic.
And as Jason said, it's really useful to give mobility to a battle station. With the Void extension, put a 1-2 combo in the void tile to have a nice central threat which also reaps Research.
A 1-2-3 combo can also be devastating, nowhere is safe. Although if you have to use the full range (2 transports 3, 3 moves then swap with 1), that would often leaves you in a bad position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the abilities have their uses I don't find any worse, just situational. The whole game is about solving the puzzle in the fastest amount of time. It's not really a 4x game where you explore and probe. It's more like one of those math logic cube problems. It just introduces probabilities and roadblocks along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew L
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transport is incredible and arguably the best ability once everyone you're playing with is good at the game. I've found it is the only ability that other skilled players will sometimes "forget" about allowing you to steal a planet late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
monstronaut wrote:
I've found it is the only ability that other skilled players will sometimes "forget" about allowing you to steal a planet late game.

Exactly what I've seen as well. Odds are when the game end triggers and someone at the table yells "cRAAAp! Totally missed that. Good move." it's because the another player just used the Transport ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Best is 3, worst is 5, but all are useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
So, i guess i need to try it a little more hahaha. Thx all for the tips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.