Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
My very cool husband ordered the Thor Hammer Tool Set for me. The box arrived with the packing slip on the front that clearly said "Thor Hammer Tool S". They could have folded the packing slip in half so the contents weren't displayed.

(Yes, I contacted ThinkGeek about this. Their shipping page says "Most of our shipments come with our logo on the outside of the box, so remember that in case you're planning a surprise." Says nothing about a packing slip that gives the contents. The person said they asked to have it put on the page that the name might be on the box, but they missed the point... it isn't specific to this item. It was a plastic sleeve with their packing slip that caused the problem.)

ThinkGeek has a 15% restocking fee on non-defective merchandise, plus you pay return shipping, plus this has an extra $10 shipping fee for some reason (it's really not that large or heavy, I've gotten larger and heavier shipments from them for free).

So, beware of ordering from ThinkGeek, especially if it's a present, or a larger-ticket item that will cost you an arm and a leg if it needs to be returned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
THIS TOWN
badge
ON THE CORNER
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from ThinkGeek every year for the past 6 Christmases.
Internationally at that. I guess i have the benefit of having all my online purchases delivered to my office so no spoilers. I have never had to return an item that I have received. Not disputing anything you are stating just offering a different experience I have had with the company. Spoiler or not, you have Mjolnir! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But for people who don't get deliveries at their office, they should know their Christmas surprise might be ruined. And returns are an expensive hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did you need to return it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they spoiled the surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone bought me a gift, and I accidentally saw it but it was a good gift, I’d be disappointed if they returned it because the surprise is ruined.

Granted, there’s no reason for them to spoil the surprise like that, and it’s good you gave others a heads up so they can plan ahead to have it shipped somewhere else or make sure the recipient doesn’t see, just don’t see returning it for that.

(Huh, two run-on sentences in a row...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it depends on the gift. Once Sam ordered me a veggie slicer set from Amazon and it arrived only in its box, so I saw what was inside, but we shrugged it off. In this case, the sticker price was much higher, and it was meant to be wrapped, with the surprise and reveal as part of it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh to only have this as problems in life...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm surprised!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Between that and this more serious issue:
Misleading Product Page on ThinkGeek
I will avoid ever ordering anything from them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I ordered 50,000 things from Amazon this year...all of them way over packaged. I ordered my son's Santa gift, and he brought the package in yelling, "look what I got!"...it was the box it came in(Lego Robot thingy), was like "really?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I ordered 50,000 things from Amazon this year

At first I was all, "WOW! That's truly Amaz(on)ing!"

But then I realized that you probably just ordered this DVD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I ordered 50,000 things from Amazon this year...all of them way over packaged. I ordered my son's Santa gift, and he brought the package in yelling, "look what I got!"...it was the box it came in(Lego Robot thingy), was like "really?"

Here's how Amazon shipped Kraftwagen:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last year, I ordered Mechs v Minions for my son's birthday. It was delivered just as I was about to pick him up from school, so I just brought the box in and put it off to the side. When I got home, he noticed that "Mechs vs Minions" was printed directly on the box.

He was about to turn eleven. He didn't make me return it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.