7 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with 2 heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
I've decided to play the whole campaing, IM, AP and DF, with 2 heros and , maybe, later to add a third one for Act II.

It could be someone of you advice me it is not a good idea for some reasons. One of the main handicaps i see is for Master enemies (purple). They got same HP vs 2 that 3 heros but 2 activations instead of three.
The other handicap is class restrictions for items. Only 2 classes makes treasure drawing a pray to get an helpful item usable for any of the 2 heros.
To solve this... I thought to choose multiclass heros;
My bets:
Tristan (Warlord) & Ryld (Bard)
Or
Kroghan (Barbarian)+ Prince of thieves at SR II & Thorgar (Priest) + Templar at SR V

PD: I got all characters but Onamor, Samyria and Volkor.

Help please, ty all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Two heroes is fine. Even the treasure thing is a bit overblown. I've played with just a D and F.

Just make sure your party works, in terms of tanking, dealing out damage and moving around. With 2, it helps to have a D character who can use elven knives or a character with extra attacks (e.g., Ecarus and shield mastery).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake G.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yeah playing with 2 heroes is fine, I prefer it when playing solo.

Any 2 hero party that has any one of either Tristan, Ecarus, Thorgar, Volkor or maybe Victoria will be fine.

Running a 2 hero party without any of those characters is another way to increase the difficulty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mitchell
Canada
flag msg tools
Why would you suggest those characters? (just curious, not saying its poor choices or anything

I'm doing Samyria and Onamor right now (law side, for bear tank mode and summoner mode), just did prologue; Samy seems a little rough to start due to limited starting gear, but using the Big Hammer and some luck was pretty effective; after prologue, picked up Scale Armor and Mace and Shield, so should be decent tank until she can get to bear form at rank 3. The healing wind is a big help, too.

Omnom seems gimped as well, himself, but the Efreet is solid as heck; Onamor just using the Dirk and a Dagger for some stabby stabby at point blank is okay, but not super useful. Still, luck helped sometimes. And spacing the heroes out so the Spine reflex attacks don't hit everyone, and the Efreet is range 2 attacks anyway.. after Prologue, you can get the Wand as primary weapon (range 2) and use the Dirk for secondary up close. Meaning Onamor + Efreet can stand back and hit things ... (I chose the Efreet as summoner, as it seemed a good plan, since he doesn't get a second power until rank 3..)

In general, I'm trying to run in and smash with Samy as tank and casual healer, and Onamor as the DPS; seems not too bad, but Onamor really can't take hits and no good armor choices yet for him. Still, after Prologue stocked up on Bandages and Potions, so he should be okay. Samy rank 2 took the toughness talent (+1 life at low rank), so with the rank 2 6 life, +1 is 7 for life, with a potion in the pocket.. thats pretty solid for taking hits. With the Scale Armor and Shield, has a 2 armor as well plus some luck armor on rolls. Not as solid as Ecarus but not too bad, either. I figure, once rank 3 rolls around, the bear taking up 3 person slots should get Supremacy a lot, and using the Forcus Attack on every round .. should mean +2 damage on most attacks, should be fearsome

But it always comes down to enemy AI .. them jumping around onto Onamor is a drag

Edit: okay so r2 Samy is 6+1 for Toughness .. 7 life is not bad, especially with armor.
Rank 3 is 7 base +2 from Toughness is 9; go to Bear and r3 gets +2 life .. so 11 life?

That seems crazy awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
skeezixcodejedi wrote:
Why would you suggest those characters? (just curious, not saying its poor choices or anything

I'm doing Samyria and Onamor right now (law side, for bear tank mode and summoner mode), just did prologue; Samy seems a little rough to start due to limited starting gear, but using the Big Hammer and some luck was pretty effective; after prologue, picked up Scale Armor and Mace and Shield, so should be decent tank until she can get to bear form at rank 3. The healing wind is a big help, too.

Omnom seems gimped as well, himself, but the Efreet is solid as heck; Onamor just using the Dirk and a Dagger for some stabby stabby at point blank is okay, but not super useful. Still, luck helped sometimes. And spacing the heroes out so the Spine reflex attacks don't hit everyone, and the Efreet is range 2 attacks anyway.. after Prologue, you can get the Wand as primary weapon (range 2) and use the Dirk for secondary up close. Meaning Onamor + Efreet can stand back and hit things ... (I chose the Efreet as summoner, as it seemed a good plan, since he doesn't get a second power until rank 3..)

In general, I'm trying to run in and smash with Samy as tank and casual healer, and Onamor as the DPS; seems not too bad, but Onamor really can't take hits and no good armor choices yet for him. Still, after Prologue stocked up on Bandages and Potions, so he should be okay. Samy rank 2 took the toughness talent (+1 life at low rank), so with the rank 2 6 life, +1 is 7 for life, with a potion in the pocket.. thats pretty solid for taking hits. With the Scale Armor and Shield, has a 2 armor as well plus some luck armor on rolls. Not as solid as Ecarus but not too bad, either. I figure, once rank 3 rolls around, the bear taking up 3 person slots should get Supremacy a lot, and using the Forcus Attack on every round .. should mean +2 damage on most attacks, should be fearsome

But it always comes down to enemy AI .. them jumping around onto Onamor is a drag

Edit: okay so r2 Samy is 6+1 for Toughness .. 7 life is not bad, especially with armor.
Rank 3 is 7 base +2 from Toughness is 9; go to Bear and r3 gets +2 life .. so 11 life?

That seems crazy awesome

For two main reasons.
1.- To keep domination with 2 heros turns difficult ( specially vs orcs). Tristan warlord guarantees this.
2.- To cover all the treasure drawing with multiclass.

Anyways i forgot, for two heroes, main enemy is time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
In other hand i see rasonable, as you say, to get companion summoner heroes if they're only two.
But remenber i don't have Samy neither Onamor.
Laegon or Mercenary are other options to contemplate.In that case i would get Ecarus, Shae or Krhogan minis to play Mercenary with Tristan. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing two heroes with Auriel and Laegon (ranger). We started with 3, but my friend who played Ecarus just hasn't been able to make it since quest #2. Laegon is able to get superiority with his companion Fenrir. Fenrir is able to be the occasional sacrificial tank on occasion and be resummonned a few turns later. His ability to KO helps Laegon attack and bypass armour. With only 2 heroes, there aren't a lot of enemies and many so far can be easily one shotted by Auriel's Ice Manipulator. With no healing, it is important that we always each have some healing consumables. I like to use the bandage as it also heals conditions. We have completed missions 2, 3 and 4 as a dual so far. Laegon just got to level 4, so will have a second attack action while Auriel is level 3 and has 2 good offensive spells that can potentially one shot weaker enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.