Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many items can you carry, not counting Mount nor Weapon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
3. There is a space for each one on the player sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
THIS TOWN
badge
ON THE CORNER
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe you have space for 3 item cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Reichmann
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hoolio wrote:
i believe you have space for 3 item cards.

Yes - you can carry three different items at one time. You can't have two of an item. If you need to, you can discard one item to make room for another.

Weapons and mounts you can stack and select the "active" one at the start of each turn by bringing it to the top of that pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially, I thought we were not allowed to discard items to get another item (only discard as an effect ability, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
msg tools
I also thought you couldn't disguard items.

Which limits the purchasing of stuff a lot. People like buying stuff and it seems no big deal to upgrade items by disgarding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing the three item reference in the rule book. Can you tell me what page it is on? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
You may not discard an item to make room for another unless it is a Legendary item. You may discard a regular item to make room for a Legendary item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
I must be missing the three item reference in the rule book. Can you tell me what page it is on? Thanks

Page 19
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind found it under items on page 19. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the no discard rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Where is the no discard rule?
Page 19 of the rulebook (under Miscellaneous items).

"Space can only be made available through the use of items that discard themselves as part of their effect such as Provisions or Whiskey."

And since that is the only way, you cannot simply "throw away" stuff that you don't want any more. You need to choose your stuff carefully.

The only exception is if you manage to find a Legendary Item while already having three Items. In that special case you can discard one Regular Item so you can take the Legendary Item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffak Landsdown
msg tools
Seems anti-thematic that you cant discard unwanted items , what the Ten Gallon hat is glued to your head or the miners map is stuck in your pack ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we ignore that rule, as I don't see any real point to it. If someone wants to add a fourth item, they need to choose one of their three for it to replace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it has to do with items such as Provisions.

Let's say I have two items when I buy Provisions (gaining 1 poker card when I do so). I then buy another Provisions, and discard my first provisions to make room for it (gaining another poker card). Then I buy a third Provisions...

It would make it possible to "buy" poker cards for $20 each at the general store. And while you're at it, you could buy a few bottles of whiskey as well if you need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffak Landsdown
msg tools
Well an easy house rule is you can only throw away NON discardable items. All items you can discard for an in-game effect are off-limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the discarding of provisions an action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Isn't the discarding of provisions an action?
We are discussing why there is a rule saying that you cannot discard an item to make room for another one. We are not talking about the action on Provisions.

Some players don't like that you cannot freely discard an item (i.e without "using" it) to make room for a new one.

Provisions has two effects: one that triggers when you get the item, and one that you can use later as an action.

In my post above I made an example what could happen if you were allowed to discard an item just to make room for a new one (i.e without "using" it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was responding to your statement about buying cards through discarding multiple provisions. However, if discarding were not to allow the benefit, it would not matter since you would not be able to "buy" a card by simply discarding without an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
I was responding to your statement about buying cards through discarding multiple provisions. However, if discarding were not to allow the benefit, it would not matter since you would not be able to "buy" a card by simply discarding without an action.
Sorry, but I'm not following your reasoning. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Provisions has two effects:
1. As soon as you gain Provisions (buy it in the General Store) you get to draw a card. This happens immediately when you buy it and does not require an Action.

2. As an Action you can discard Provisions to draw 1 card and lose 1 wound.

In my earlier post I gave an example of how effect number 1 could be abused if a player could just get rid of an item to make room when buying a new item. Effect number 2 has nothing to do with this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realize you were being facetious with your answer. I was just pointing out that your example of buying three provisions would take six actions, three for purchasing the provisions and three for discarding, or two complete turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.