Gen7: A Crossroads Game» Forums » General

Subject: PSA: fewer than 400 standard sleeves needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The back of the instruction book says to buy 9 packs of (50) standard sleeves, but there are fewer than 400 standard cards so it is safe to only get 8 packs.

Also, there are exactly 50 of the mini cards -- so if you want to chance it (no bad sleeves in the pack), you only need 1 pack of smaller sleeves, not 2 as the printing says. edit: actually there are 52 mini cards. My pack of sleeves must have come with extra sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Bundy
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure there are not any more cards in the envelopes that will be added to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I had that same thought and felt them thoroughly. Short answer: I'm *pretty sure* there are no more cards. Long possibly spoiler answer: the large envelopes feel like new stations (i.e. thick cardboard) and the smaller envelopes are more component pop sheets I think. Nothing felt like cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehementi wrote:
The back of the instruction book says to buy 9 packs of (50) standard sleeves, but there are fewer than 400 standard cards so it is safe to only get 8 packs.

Also, there are exactly 50 of the mini cards -- so if you want to chance it (no bad sleeves in the pack), you only need 1 pack of smaller sleeves, not 2 as the printing says.

Agreed on the standard sizes cards (I counted 370 total, and while I wouldn't rule out a few cards in an envelope, more than 30 seems like a no). However, I had 52 mini cards, not 50: 3 copies of each of the three 3-star cards (9), 1 copy each of the nine 8-start cards (9) and 2 chips each of the 17 cards with values 4, 5 or 6 (34). You might want to recount or check how your card counts measure against mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Cherry
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
LeonardQuirm wrote:
Vehementi wrote:

Also, there are exactly 50 of the mini cards -- so if you want to chance it (no bad sleeves in the pack), you only need 1 pack of smaller sleeves, not 2 as the printing says.

Agreed on the standard sizes cards (I counted 370 total, and while I wouldn't rule out a few cards in an envelope, more than 30 send like a no). However, I had 52 mini cards, not 59: 3 copies of each of the three 3-star cards (9), 1 copy each of the nine 8-start cards (9) and 2 chips each of the 17 cards with values 4, 5 or 6 (34). You might want to recount or check how your card counts measure against mine.

This, the OP is incorrect about the mini cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Agreed, I guess my pack of sleeves came with 52 sleeves not 50. I bought 2 packs of "50" sleeves and did not open the second pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehementi wrote:
Agreed, I guess my pack of sleeves came with 52 sleeves not 50. I bought 2 packs of "50" sleeves and did not open the second pack.

Better that than missing some of the perk cards from the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehementi wrote:

In my experience it is incredibly common for sleeve counts to be +/- a few from the listed value, particularly if you're buying on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I have bought several thousand of the Mayday sleeves in the 100-packs and have seen them a couple light or several heavy (109 I think the highest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.