Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at adding this warrior to my next game. Had a question about a few of his level up skills that I'm not quite sure I understand...

Here's a link to the class I found online:

http://wquest.free.fr/warriors/W014_Assassin.htm

-Glancing Blow-

The Assassin may move past an enemy, ignoring pinning. Work out one attack as normal. If he stops next to monster and wishes to attack this skill may not be used. Similarly he may have to escape pinning first. Cannot cause death blows.

Q: I'm not sure I understand this ability. Well I get the first sentence but the rest of it confuses me.

-Cutthroat-

When behind a creature you may trade all attacks for a single cutthroat attack. Roll a D6. On a 1-3 you are elbowed back and lay prone for one turn. On a 4-6 you cause D6 wounds per battle level ignoring armour.

Q: Can this skill be used in conjunction with the innate Assassinate ability?

If someone could enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
I too found some confusion and incompleteness in this fan-made Warrior. So i just pretty much rewrote the entire thing, including the skills.

In regards to the Deathblow version, your guess is as good as any of ours!

If you're intersted in my version, it can be found here:

Assassin (Littlemonk revision)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played him but my interpretations would be:

cbarchuk wrote:
-Glancing Blow-

The Assassin may move past an enemy, ignoring pinning. Work out one attack as normal. If he stops next to monster and wishes to attack this skill may not be used. Similarly he may have to escape pinning first. Cannot cause death blows.

Q: I'm not sure I understand this ability. Well I get the first sentence but the rest of it confuses me.

You can move, attack, move. If you begin your turn in a pinned position then you have to escape pinning first, as normal. If you end your turn next to a monster then you can attack as normal (so this special rule is redundant).

cbarchuk wrote:
-Cutthroat-

When behind a creature you may trade all attacks for a single cutthroat attack. Roll a D6. On a 1-3 you are elbowed back and lay prone for one turn. On a 4-6 you cause D6 wounds per battle level ignoring armour.

Q: Can this skill be used in conjunction with the innate Assassinate ability?

I'd say no, since it's not explicit, but this one's less clear than the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bummer wrote:
I too found some confusion and incompleteness in this fan-made Warrior. So i just pretty much rewrote the entire thing, including the skills.

In regards to the Deathblow version, your guess is as good as any of ours!

If you're intersted in my version, it can be found here:

Assassin (Littlemonk revision)

Thanks! I checked out the link and had to submit comment before I can see anything. Look forward to seeing your version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
You can move, attack, move. If you begin your turn in a pinned position then you have to escape pinning first, as normal. If you end your turn next to a monster then you can attack as normal (so this special rule is redundant).

Interesting. I think how you describe it clears it up for me. I understand the Assassin can only use the attack part of the Glancing Blow against one monster but he can move past more than one monster ignoring pinning?

Concerning Cutthroat it seems to me both can be used together since the Assassinate ability only triggers on the 'hit roll' of an attack. The type of attack isn't specified. But you could still be right. Too much ambiguity here me thinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.