Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I teach ESL at a middle school in Korea, and I'm running a board game winter camp for my students. They're going to make their own copy of Otto the Octopus.

To cut a long story short, I had to resize everything to fit on 38 mm cardboard tiles (I'm not giving 20 students knives to hospitalise themselves with). This change meant the board would need to be made into four parts. I figured I'd just put the scoring track around the board rather than having a separate one for each player. Saves printing, and I rather like it.

I was thinking about having a reference guide at the bottom for the fish, but I wasn't sure about space.

I've just realised that I left the native import option checked in Inkscape, so the the title font in the centre isn't right.

I added a 50 side to the scoring chits--enlarged to fit 16mm tiles--so you can just flip them over to the 50 side and continue on. I'm not sure how that will go with younger children though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A very elegant solution - excellent work!

I look forward to seeing the supersized Otto in action.

Let me know if you need any files with the font outlined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.