Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
What are the differences between the 2nd and 3rd editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be that 2nd edition had wooden pawns and the later editions went fully plastic, but not positive that's what is meant by a 3rd edition. I'm only really familiar with first edition matches the 2008 release, 2nd ed matches the new printing and at some point they phased out all the wood bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah probably not much.

There were two printings of the 1st edition.

There were already at least two printings of the '2nd edition', in the first printing there were a couple minor errors/typos in the manual and an error on one of the petri dish labels. The second printing fixed these and got a new copyright date in the manual.

I'm assuming the '3rd edition' that was added is just the newest reprint of the 2nd edition, so it might be more accurate to call it another 2nd edition printing.

I don't have the newest one, but someone did post pictures that the plastic purple cubes are now seamless which would be one change from earlier 2nd edition printings. I don't recall offhand if there were still any typos in the manual that would need to be fixes, but maybe there were some changes, and maybe the copyright date was updated.

Maybe someone with a new copy can chime in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
There is no "3rd Edition" of OTB. There have been multiple printings of both the 2nd Edition base game and OTB, with shifts from wooden pawns to plastic pawns, various minor errors fixed, etc.

I have not seen the latest OTB printing, so I don't know if it varies significantly from the previous ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
There is no "3rd Edition" of OTB.

This should be removed then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.