Subject: Future expansions for other regions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a bit too early to talk about this (the game is not out yet)… but in another thread it was already mentioned there will be expansions with birds from other regions/continents (e.g. Oceania/Europe/Africa/Asia/South America).
I noticed in the rule book/appendix that the card powers and the card stats are thematic (species related), which is great.

Some ideas/questions about that:
1) Will the expansions have a similar number and type of cards (habitat/food/eggs/powers) as the base game, so they can be used as an alternative deck?
2) Or will the expansion cards be added to the game (with the base deck), and how about the balance of the game in that case?
3) Will the localized versions (other languages) have the same North American bird species or will there be already localized bird species (European species) in these versions? The language of the bird names can also have an influence on the bonus cards which are name-related.
4) It would be interesting to have a list of all birds in the base game with their habitat/food/eggs/points/card powers. Then it would be possible to make a wishlist with European species that have equivalent characteristics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, for each expansion, we're going to explore a different region.

The base game hasn't been released yet, so we're not going to answer such specific questions (especially since the first expansion is still being designed, and I don't want to be beholden to something that could easily change).

I will say that localized versions of the game are identical to the original game, except not in English.

When the game is released, people are welcome to create a Google Doc listing all birds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.