Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

Will we reach 1,000,000?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

But I would imagine not until after the next set release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chessie Zecat
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
And they still haven't released the actual GAME, yet.

For real, this is not Keyforge. Keyforge will be released when the app can track wins and apply chains to overpowered decks. What we are in right now is an extended beta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chessiecat wrote:
And they still haven't released the actual GAME, yet.

For real, this is not Keyforge. Keyforge will be released when the app can track wins and apply chains to overpowered decks. What we are in right now is an extended beta.

But that's only going to apply to tournament play.

I'd imagine less than 1% all games of Keyforge will be played at tournaments, so the whole chains thing is not that critical
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
steele22374 wrote:
Yep.

I dunno, SUSD apparently just released their review of it and I think it was generally positive.

Also the game's only been out like a month which is what, 10k decks a day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dapperghast wrote:
steele22374 wrote:
Yep.

I dunno, SUSD apparently just released their review of it and I think it was generally positive.

Also the game's only been out like a month which is what, 10k decks a day?

SUSD’s reviews was good. But KeyForge has gotten almost all good reviews (or at the very least “you should try it” reviews).

10k decks a day is an average over the month. We had over 150k decks in the first week though. So the rate is slowing and 700k more decks is more than double what we’ve done so far.

I think 5-6 more months to hit a million and, if FFG is smart, (or follows it’s previous patterns) there will be another set released by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's reasonable that there will be another swell, or at least a healthy sustained market for decks. Initial purchases were mostly people already interested. A lot of purchases now are by both those already invested and those who're getting exposed by initial investors. My ranting and raving alone accounts for no less than 6 other friends of mine investing in 20+ decks. That outweighs my 4 purchases in the initial swell 5 fold. Those whom they influence will keep Keyforge sales going along with Keyforge events and us addicts steady players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we also underappreciate how many decks do not get registered as well. I would speculate that only 1/3 to 1/2 of all decks sold get registered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RandT wrote:
I think we also underappreciate how many decks do not get registered as well. I would speculate that only 1/3 to 1/2 of all decks sold get registered.

Honestly I might have predicted in advance that 10-25% might get registered, since you have to create an account and either have a smartphone or enter a long code manually.

Based on the numbers we are seeing, it seems likely that the registration rate is higher than that. Your 30-50% guess seems plausible, but it could be considerably higher.

Someone said the first run was a million decks. If true, and if subsequent runs haven't hit the market yet, then we know the rate must be at least 30%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Hansen
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the base set could very plausibly reach the 1,000,000 mark if local play really gets rolling at shops.

My FLGS still hasn't been able to get their hands on product (first case coming in this week and 10 more backordered).

With Christmas coming up as well and post holiday purchasing I except we'll see another big bump. To me it seem KeyForge is picking up steam, not losing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason J
msg tools
IS there any info regarding if Keyforge will ever be available at Target or Walmart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.