Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Dangerous Waters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Deaton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hey guys! New to actually posting here, but I've been lurking forever.

Recently got the DW expansion, and last night was our first playthrough. We weren't exactly sure on some things, so we just winged it on what we thought was right, but I'd like some clarification on exact setup.

So....

1.) What is the exact link of the engine? Does it run from the beginning of black 3, and end on the end of black 6, or black 5? Not sure if that little pipe part is considered part of the engine as well?

2.) Is the top of the board, the places containing the black die rolls, considered a playable area? Does the fire/smoke spread to these areas through the bulkhead with heat transfer?

It was about 2am when we broke it out, but really wanted to play, and just want some clarification on exactly how we should be playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Merchant Ship map
#1 We play, the Engine is only 3 spaces (black 3,4,5). The rules say An explosion in 2,6 will spread to 1,6, 2,7, 3,6 and 2,5 as normal.
#2 The top spaces are like any 'outside' spaces. Fire/smoke can go there temporaily, killing POI and knocking out firefighters, but then dissappates. See main rule book, it says
p5-advance fire
Place a Fire marker in each Adjacent space without Fire or flip the the Smoke marker to Fire in a Smoke filled space – even if that space is outside of the building.
p6-secondary effects
Remove any Fire markers that were placed outside of the building.

How did you enjoy the HARDEST MAP in the game???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Deaton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okay, I'm sure it's open to interpretation on the engine, but we played it as black 3,4,5 as well, seemed more logical as it would be treated as a wall.

First playthrough, we didn't do any of the outer smoke or anything because I was just really confused, but now that it's cleared up, we should have a pretty good time playing tonight.

So far, I believe you are correct! We were putting out fires left and right in the bulkhead/engine room, but they were appearing back just as fast! It's definitely a challenge, and hopefully tonight after work, me and my girlfriend will be able to advance a little further than last night!

Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm that lugielord's answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.