Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
From M4 (+Revolutionary Impact):
"Alternatively, you may launch a new Revolution (bypassing all prerequisites) with 1 Revolutionary per K1."

Am I allowed to use this to cause revolutions in diseased spheres? If I do and the sphere modernizes, when does the disease disc get claimed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Purcell
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's allowed. The disease disk is only claimed when someone with a factory performs an elephant action in the sphere. If that doesn't happen, the disease would continue in the modern state.
It's probably not typically an advantageous move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question.

I'm thinking that thematically Phil will disallow a diseased Sphere to become Modern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
Quote:
M4. + Revolutionary.
You obtain a new Revolutionary ... Alternatively, you may launch a new Revolution (bypassing all prerequisites) with 1 Revolutionary per K1. This can even achieve an instant victory (K1e) of the Revolution outside the Revolution Phase (K).

Bypassing all prerequisites includes disease discs although I don't see why disease discs would stop a revolution, viability for revolutions is only checked against the freedom icons and revolutionary count. The question is should the disease disc be kept as points by the acting player or does it stay on the board. If the latter then they could be claimed with a posting law per the + post impact, I expect. Explicitly not allowed in the revolutionary law description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.