Jane
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

Playing my first game of Forbidden Fortress at the moment and have a couple of questions...

1) The sorceress' elemental blast... So using this spell, I roll one to-hit die (because it's range 8, shots 1). Then, if it's a hit (4+ for range, I believe?), it counts as D3 hits on the target, so I roll again with a D3 to see how many hits, THEN I roll again for damage for each hit (result of D3). Am I correct?

2) There is no enemy sheet for corpse token (Swamps of Death has it), so I assume we just have to go by the corpse token rules in the rulebook on p. 30. There it says, "At the end of each turn during a Fight, as long as there is at least one Hero or Enemy model on the same Map Tile as a Corpse Token, roll a D6. On the roll of 1, remove it from the board... On the roll of 5 or 6, replace Corpse Token with a Dishonered Dead Enemy model..."

So, my question is you can't really fight it since it has no health, but you just roll a D6 each turn when you're in a fight, right? If you end up with just tokens (no other enemies), and you are not able to roll a 1 on a D6, but you also didn't roll a 5 or 6, then you can just leave that map tile, and the corpse tokens stay there not bothering anyone, correct? It says that corpse tokens can be removed from board with a bomb, but you get no XP from that, correct?

Also, some cards tell you to take automatic hits, can you roll defense to prevent those hits? Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh! One more thing... do I roll a D6 per each corpse token? So if I have 3 corpse tokens, do I roll 3 D6s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tris Megistos
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello,

1) you are correct.
2) all correct, yes.
3) you can always roll defense to prevent damage unless it specifically says you can't.
4) you roll one d6 per corpse, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anolinde wrote:
2) There is no enemy sheet for corpse token (Swamps of Death has it)

Swamps of Death has the rules for Corpse PILES, which is its own enemy type, not Corpse tokens, which are just there to potentially rise up as Dishonored Dead during combat.

Otherwise, yeah, you've got everything correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2)the rules for corpse tokens says end of each turn during a fight, the corpse token doesn't count as an enemy. So, once all enemies are defeated, the fight is over, you no longer roll for the corpse tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.