Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erwin Lau
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Papal Bull is used excommunicates Cranmer, Protestants responses with Thomas Cromwell.

At this moment, can Papacy carry out the “You May be also call a Theological Debate part?”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ståle Mellesdal
Norway
Lillestrøm
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say no. In my opinion, the wording "cancel play of Papal Bull to excommunicate Cranmer" (emphasis mine) means you cancel the entire card, not just the excommunication. I would also look to the Wartburg for further guidance: That card also "cancels play of a card as an event", and has further clarification on what that means in that case, including discarding the card played and ending the current impulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Immanio wrote:
I would say no. In my opinion, the wording "cancel play of Papal Bull to excommunicate Cranmer" (emphasis mine) means you cancel the entire card, not just the excommunication. I would also look to the Wartburg for further guidance: That card also "cancels play of a card as an event", and has further clarification on what that means in that case, including discarding the card played and ending the current impulse.

Affirming the above statement; and will add that the card's 'open' requirements to play make it a highly sought and negotiable card when in play. Holder should seek some 'quid' from the English if found in your hand after the deal for recompense on play during the turn.

And a Papal player that acquires it should at least be smug about it; and consider locking Cromwell in the deepest Papal dungeon that they have open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ståle Mellesdal
Norway
Lillestrøm
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, if anyone looks at this topic in the future, here's the Word of Ed to conform it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.