5 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest/Encounter actions per turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darryl Poh
Singapore
flag msg tools
Using Card 014 Welcome to the Commonwealth as example, objective: “Kill any 💀”, results: “loot card x 2, Stage 015 & 134 cards, Trash”.
When i spend 1 x action to kill a 💀 enemy, i will resolve the card results as stated.
Questions:
(1)this 1 x action in this turn includes fulfilling the objectives i am going to accomplish in 015/134 or it is only for 014?
(2)I can only fulfil the objectives for 015 or 134 in the next action within this turn (assuming i have only spent 1 so far)?
(3)I can only fulfil the objectives in 015 or 134 in my next turn?
Which is the correct way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swagger13 wrote:
Using Card 014 Welcome to the Commonwealth as example, objective: “Kill any 💀”, results: “loot card x 2, Stage 015 & 134 cards, Trash”.
When i spend 1 x action to kill a 💀 enemy, i will resolve the card results as stated.
Questions:
(1)this 1 x action in this turn includes fulfilling the objectives i am going to accomplish in 015/134 or it is only for 014?
(2)I can only fulfil the objectives for 015 or 134 in the next action within this turn (assuming i have only spent 1 so far)?
(3)I can only fulfil the objectives in 015 or 134 in my next turn?
Which is the correct way?

If I understand correctly what you said, I think you got it a bit wrong.

You have 2 action points each turn, which you can use on doing quests. When you fulfil a quest's requirement, the card is usually trashed, in this case #14, and other cards will be staged or added to the game. Doing quests or fulfilling objectives on them are a new matter. If by a very rare chance you can fulfil a quest by your first action, then fulfil another just staged quest by your second, you must be a very lucky guy. I doubt #14 and #15 can be done successively. It takes you quite a few turns to do so.

So each quest you do is for that exact same card and not the ones which will be staged then.

You may fulfil more than 1 quest condition on different cards in some cases (by the vanilla rules, which I don't like). But that's a different story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plem R
msg tools
We've played Far Harbor yesteray, and my opponent was able to fulfill one quest, which in his results triggered fulfilling of another quest.

Also need to mention, that u can use 2 actions to do quests in one turn. I.e., performing tests twice for some options in quest. By rules, you only can't encounter locations twice per turn (wasteland or settlement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plem87 wrote:
We've played Far Harbor yesteray, and my opponent was able to fulfill one quest, which in his results triggered fulfilling of another quest.

Also need to mention, that u can use 2 actions to do quests in one turn. I.e., performing tests twice for some options in quest. By rules, you only can't encounter locations twice per turn (wasteland or settlement).
Just to clarify, you can only take an Encounter action in a particular space once each turn. You could, if you could move to another encounter space, take a second Encounter action in a different space (for example: this could be done with the Agility perk that gives you two additional actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plem R
msg tools
Ofcourse. Encounter usable only once per normal turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.