Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi geeks!

Every xmas, I'm in charge of providing 1 or 2 boardgames for our family gathering.

The group is made of non-gamers and light gamers only as well as a couple kids 8 and 11 years old and my loving parents (mid 70s).
Not looking for anything remotely close to a gamer's game.

I got Azul in a trade so that will be one mostly for the light gamers cohort who like to pounce on each other with a good laugh.

Second game will come down to either:

Machi Koro

or...

Camel Up 2nd edition.

Machi Koro looks as basic as a game can be... Geez, even Monopoly looks more deep than this from the reviews I watched Roll dice, collect money, build cards...

Camel Up looks pretty funny and exciting and kids will love the components... definitely look like a laughter-generator...

Any recommendations between these 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy choice for that group: Camel Up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and would go for Camel Up. My 8yo enjoys Machi Koro as well, but she loves Camel Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Camel Cup is amazing fun. I was skeptical before the first time, now I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the recommendation!

I bought Camel Up 2nd edition yesterday and I am sure it will be an absolute winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
Hi geeks!

Every xmas, I'm in charge of providing 1 or 2 boardgames for our family gathering.

The group is made of non-gamers and light gamers only as well as a couple kids 8 and 11 years old and my loving parents (mid 70s).
Not looking for anything remotely close to a gamer's game.

I got Azul in a trade so that will be one mostly for the light gamers cohort who like to pounce on each other with a good laugh.

Second game will come down to either:

Machi Koro

or...

Camel Up 2nd edition.

Machi Koro looks as basic as a game can be... Geez, even Monopoly looks more deep than this from the reviews I watched Roll dice, collect money, build cards...

Camel Up looks pretty funny and exciting and kids will love the components... definitely look like a laughter-generator...

Any recommendations between these 2?

Instead of Machi Koro consider Space Base
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.