Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I broke out my GoW game for the first time the other day only to find I have two copies of punchcard 4 and no punchcard 6. Does anyone have a photo of punchcard 6 they could post here so I can see what I'm missing? I don't think it's a complete disaster, but would be good to know what's on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
ForestRed wrote:
I broke out my GoW game for the first time the other day only to find I have two copies of punchcard 4 and no punchcard 6. Does anyone have a photo of punchcard 6 they could post here so I can see what I'm missing? I don't think it's a complete disaster, but would be good to know what's on it.
ffg might still have parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately I don't think they have the licence any more and are owned by Asmodee who don't have replacement parts...happy if I'm wrong but I couldn't find a way of ordering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
ForestRed wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think they have the licence any more and are owned by Asmodee who don't have replacement parts...happy if I'm wrong but I couldn't find a way of ordering it.

I know they don't have the license, but was thinking they might have spare parts still in the warehouse, etc... Never hurts to ask them. I have no way of knowing what's on board 6 sadly since mine's been long punched and unlike wargames, I doubt people take photos/scans of the counter sheets.

If your other boards are unpunched, you could share photos and we could maybe help fill in the blanks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One option is to contact those people who have posted that they "have parts" for this game:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42776/gears-war-boar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other language versions are still available but you would had to pay for a second copy of the game and foreign shipping cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
Other language versions are still available but you would had to pay for a second copy of the game and foreign shipping cost.

If you mean from FFG, then there is every likelihood that they have parts still as the boards are not language dependent.

OP should definitely check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edko Fuzz
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't count on getting those missing boards unless you are willing to pay a lot of money for a second copy of the game. I bet FFG doesn't have parts for this anymore.

Or you can print some scans of the missing tiles and use them as replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
edkofuzz wrote:
I wouldn't count on getting those missing boards unless you are willing to pay a lot of money for a second copy of the game. I bet FFG doesn't have parts for this anymore.

Or you can print some scans of the missing tiles and use them as replacements.

This is exactly where I’ve got to so far. If you go to the ffg website and try and order a part you eventually run into an out of print brick wall. But to my original request...if anyone who has punchcard 6 could please post a picture of it (front and back) I can probably make the missing parts I need. I think they’re largely ammo and wounded tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For anyone interested, here's the official reply from FFG:

"Hello,

Unfortunately we don't carry Gears of War anymore and don't have any plans to reprint it, so we cannot supply replacement or media for the title. If you haven't done so already, check the third party market or the greater hobby gaming community to see if anyone has a copy for sale or trade.

Thanks!
".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.