Chronicles of Crime» Forums » General

Subject: Language dependant and how important are the glasses? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Hello

I am wondering how much is this game language dependant as you can set the app to English. Is it worth getting a French version to play in English?

Also, how much do the glasses improve the experience? Is it a lot of fun or a gimmick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It doesn't really matter what language version you go for as the components only really have a reference number and letter. You don't even need to reference the manual as the tutorial walks you through it.
Everything else is all dictated through the app.

Glasses I'd say are a novelty but you can do just fine without them. If you have a gyroscope on the phone it will stick pick up your movements to search by moving or if don't want to move around by just swiping your fingers. The glasses just add to the immersion a little.
There is of course a scenario that comes with them if you do pick them up though.
As a side note if you already have VR glasses that attach to a phone then you will be able to use them soon too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get one in your language if you can, when someone is searching the scene and describing what they see to you, I wouldn't want to be mentally translating all the clue cards while against the clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
I would get one in your language if you can, when someone is searching the scene and describing what they see to you, I wouldn't want to be mentally translating all the clue cards while against the clock.

Fair point actually, I forgot the item cards are language dependant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
I just saw that there's a multi lingual version.

Does it come with 3 decks of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
I just saw that there's a multi lingual version.

Does it come with 3 decks of cards?

There are only mono-language boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.