Subject: Navigator tactics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I played a solo game using the navigator for the first time. I really love the mini but playing him felt a bit underwhelming. I thought this woupd be the 'wizard' of the group but now I am not sure. The only real benefit seems to be his shield...

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Elder
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Third Eye 1+ roll a d12 at range 2-3 is devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex bermudez
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yeah his attacks are actually really decent, and he's one of the four thst can be permanently inspired, so he becomes a pretty decent fighter. But, he doesn't have much flash to him. His attacks are pretty straightforward, he often spends one of his dice on making his shield, and that's about it. He can make enemies move out of cover which is nice. Possibly his best use though is saving that one extra destiny dice per turn. It's the kind of thing that you didn't know you needed until you have it, and then you never want to let that go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His biggest problem is that there are much better choices for a team. In play, I usually have him looting stuff and overwatching side corridors. I think the shield is a waste of dice.

I actually randomize the four Explorers I take each game and randomize half for the Strongholds, otherwise I wouldn't play with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
smackwell wrote:
Yeah his attacks are actually really decent, and he's one of the four thst can be permanently inspired, so he becomes a pretty decent fighter. But, he doesn't have much flash to him. His attacks are pretty straightforward, he often spends one of his dice on making his shield, and that's about it. He can make enemies move out of cover which is nice. Possibly his best use though is saving that one extra destiny dice per turn. It's the kind of thing that you didn't know you needed until you have it, and then you never want to let that go.
You are so right about that returning destiny die. I had another solo game yesterday, without the navigator, and wanted to return a destiny die after every destiny roll. The navigator seems to be that friend you don't really notice when he is there, but you miss him when he is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.