Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reviews of this game have me interested in the story, but not interested in purchasing or playing through the game (so many other games demanding my attention!) I have a general guess about Mr. Kerr’s life story, and I’d like to hear what it really is.
Anyone want to provide a summary or reaction to the story?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm not sure why exactly, but... This feels like it's in really poor taste given how new the game is.

I kind of feel like you are directly undermining the point of the game, which is to tell an interactive story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not asking for it to be spoiled for anyone that wants to play the game. Most of us will never play it, so what’s the harm in us hearing about the story?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
grithog wrote:
I’m not asking for it to be spoiled for anyone that wants to play the game. Most of us will never play it, so what’s the harm in us hearing about the story?

I know it's not the same thing... but this is similar to the language often used to justify pirating movies and video games.

I think if the story is interesting to you, you should buy the game and experience it.

To ask for the story without buying the game devalues the hard work of the writers and designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s an interesting perspective. I’ll give that some thought, but is it different from someone telling you the plot of a movie or book you haven’t bought? I wouldn’t justify pirating a movie or book, but it doesn’t seem cheating to hear about their plots.

[Edit: to clarify, when I said “what’s the harm?” I was referring to harm to us, not harm to the designers and publisher—not a similar argument to piracy.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.