Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
hello
I have some questions after first game. Thank for your help

1. Some cards said that player(s) discard his hand. It means discard all 5 cards? Does the player draw 5 new cards as replacement OR they will lose 1 turm to draw cards?

2.Some Villains have attack ability, does it affect player when it comes in line-up, OR only super villain does?

3. we played 3 games, and the Flash looks like underpower. His ability allow him to draw only 1 card each turn, and it looks like not a lot of cards in the game allowing player tp draw card. what's your opinion?

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Players only draw cards if instructed to, so a player will likely skip their turn if they discard their hand.

2) Only Super-Villains have "First Appearance - Attacks" that hit everyone when they appear. Villains from the Main Deck do not Attack when they enter the line-up in the normal game mode.

3) Remember he also goes first, so he has first pick of the Line-Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People have considered The Flash weak since I started seeing comments about the relative strengths of the Super Heroes. I'd felt the same but have statistics to check. I've played a bit over 200 games at a variety of player counts so this was 2-player right through to 5-player. (Also some of these plays will have been against Super Heroes from expansions.)

Hero Wins/Games Win Rate %
Aquaman 27/101 26.73
Batman 29/113 25.66
Cyborg 30/101 29.70
Green Lantern 18/74 24.32
Superman 26/106 24.53
The Flash 25/91 27.47
Wonder Woman 34/102 33.33

My personal stats are different, with Batman and The Flash almost at 50% win rates. I should remember that for later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
tidus09 wrote:
3. we played 3 games, and the Flash looks like underpower. His ability allow him to draw only 1 card each turn, and it looks like not a lot of cards in the game allowing player tp draw card. what's your opinion?

thank you

I think you are underselling Flash quite a bit. If you build his deck properly, ie. making sure you have a card that allows you to draw even a single card every turn, you are talking about an ability to play every turn with between 6 to 9 cards, which is a significant advantage if you can pull it off. This sounds harder than it is, because there are a bunch of cards that include the ability to draw a card as part of their text. Additionally, there are some location cards that allow for a card to be drawn and stay in play so that there is the possibility of triggering it every turn.

Long story short, give me Flash every game and I will be a happy guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.