Subject: Attacking other Players??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam cardone
United States
Rockaway Beach
New York
flag msg tools
I was wondering if there will ever be rules for attacking other player characters? This made me think how rad it would be to see this game as a pen and paper RPG! I think this game is gonna go down as a monumental development in the analog game experience. The fresh new background work and art direction coupled with an amazing rule set makes this one shine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's explicitly a coop game, so rules for purposely attacking other characters would be quite out of place. (But never say never.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
I'd love to see the designers review this (when they're able to catch their breath...) game, and add some PvP scenarios

Then design a dungeon crawler using basically the same engine.

So much stuff to do!

(get well soon, Sean!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam cardone
United States
Rockaway Beach
New York
flag msg tools
How bout a full on pen and paper RPG version !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
cardonethemagician wrote:
How bout a full on pen and paper RPG version !

This is probably more likely to happen than us adding a direct pvp element to Hand of Doom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam cardone
United States
Rockaway Beach
New York
flag msg tools
Wow ! An RPG version would be so great! The Combat could even almost stay the same! Its a perfect setting for an old school rpg !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Back to the rules of PvP, the rules already work as is. Both players roll all their attack, defence and power dice and apply wounds. Works great. Could even play party against party throughout a match or campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:
Back to the rules of PvP, the rules already work as is. Both players roll all their attack, defence and power dice and apply wounds. Works great. Could even play party against party throughout a match or campaign.

This is true, just requires an application of common sense with regards to who skills and items can effect, and how (daze=stun, corrode=discard armor, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.