Dylan O'Donnell
United Kingdom
Brockenhurst
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the sequence of set-up, drawing opening hands happens before scenario-specific set-up. If I draw the Powder of Ibn-Ghazi in my opening hand for this one, do I still get to take advantage of the scenario clause that lets me put it directly into play? Or would it have had to still be in my deck, which means I'm now left down an action (as well as the card) to get it onto the table myself? That'd severely affect my mulliganing decisions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, I would ask FFG directly. I feel like it should have been "before you draw your opening hand" though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan O'Donnell
United Kingdom
Brockenhurst
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And FFG have responded:

Matthew Newman wrote:
You are correct; if Powder of Ibn-Ghazi is in your hand (and therefore not in your deck) at the time you start setting up the scenario, you cannot search your deck for it and put it into play for free, since the scenario setup occurs after drawing opening hands.

So, for the Powder owner, hard-mulliganing for your deck's key cards is a trickier call here than it often is, since mulliganing into the Powder becomes a nasty tempo loss. (Unless you drew it in your initial five, of course, when it's a no-brainer to shuffle it away and immediately get to search for it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very counter-intuitive. Thanks for asking though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.