Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
I've never taken Ram on Gasket before, but a quick question.

I always thought that Ram would move a character backward (opposite direction of Gasket) only, but if there is a baddie behind Gasket, would the baddie then move either left or right, then the Gearloc would take that position that baddie moved from?

Thanks, this Ram was from Directive dice so it has to be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackleford
msg tools
The ram skill says to move the unit 1 position. It doesn't specify "directly away from Gasket" (as Tink's Displace skill does) so any unoccupied adjacent spot is valid.

I know that thematically, a ramming action feels like it should make a straight line. But don't overthink it, follow the wording on the card/skill. The folks at Chip Theory are pretty good at choosing their words deliberately in the descriptions.

If it helps, think of it like a game of pool and Gasket is hitting them off-center so they go to the side pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hailandeur
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If there is no adjacent Baddie, does Gasket still have to move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hailandeur wrote:
If there is no adjacent Baddie, does Gasket still have to move?

If there is no adjacent Baddie, the Ram won't do anything. Gasket won't move because there will be no "vacated position" for him to move into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the answer Rusty. Also, I like to ask questions like this so that others can easily search the subject and find the answer just in case they have that question too.

Also, I was hoping it didnt work, because in my tyrant battle, It'll put Gasket into a horrible position, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hailandeur
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sometimes, I feel I'm getting too deep into irrelevant details, but here it comes: when I rolled the force-ram Directive, and there are 2 baddies next to Gasket, but only one of the can be moved (because the other one is surrounded by units or is a krelln), do I have to pick the one that can be moved? In other words, does "this skill has to be used" mean "this skill has to be attempted to be used" or "this skill has to be used successfully if possible"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hailandeur wrote:
Sometimes, I feel I'm getting too deep into irrelevant details, but here it comes: when I rolled the force-ram Directive, and there are 2 baddies next to Gasket, but only one of the can be moved (because the other one is surrounded by units or is a krelln), do I have to pick the one that can be moved? In other words, does "this skill has to be used" mean "this skill has to be attempted to be used" or "this skill has to be used successfully if possible"?

"has to be used" means you have to apply it if possible. But you are welcome to apply it to any adjacent unit, even one that is unable to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.