For the People» Forums » Rules

Subject: Naval Assault rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Trifan

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
Quick question. When doing naval assault as union, I understand the DRM modifiers (fort, union naval asault modifeir, etc). Do force ratios and general ratings still apply? I'm confused by last sentences 6.4.1 where max rating can't be greater than +3, but other DRM such as force ratio and general ratings tsill apply). Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buddy2337 wrote:
Quick question. When doing naval assault as union, I understand the DRM modifiers (fort, union naval asault modifeir, etc). Do force ratios and general ratings still apply? I'm confused by last sentences 6.4.1 where max rating can't be greater than +3, but other DRM such as force ratio and general ratings tsill apply). Thanks

Think of Amphibious Assault like any other DRM. You just have to figure out what that DRM is before applying it to the rest of the battle. That final DRM can never be greater than 3. Only one side will have a positive DRM or neither side will have a DRM. That final DRM is then applied to the battle, where the other DRMs (force ration, general ratings, etc) are added in for a single battle roll.

Cheers,
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone point to the rules to support this? I thought ALL DRMs were limited to 0/+3? I can't find the spot where it says to add stuff after you are done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
Can someone point to the rules to support this? I thought ALL DRMs were limited to 0/+3? I can't find the spot where it says to add stuff after you are done.

It's under 6.41 for Amphibious Assault.

"...After subtracting one sides’ DRMs from the other, the final Amphibious Assault modifier may not be greater than +3; that is the maximum benefit for this category (although other DRMs, such as battle ratings and force ratios, are applied still)."

And then in the play example below this rule

"...The Union has an Amphibious Assault Modifier of +1, the Confederate has a fort, ironclad, torpedo and the Hunley (a total of +6). The final DRM for Amphibious Assaults is +3 for the Confederate. Players would then apply the other modifiers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to confuse the issue, but I just wanted to point out a mistake I made in my early plays. The fort modifier only occurs once in an amphibious assault. I was counting it twice as it appears in the amphibious section and in the standard land battle section of the player aid. You only get the modifier once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Trifan

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
Sorry so just to clarify, for naval assaults is there only 1 drm used total? I was thinking the amphibious drm (based off union modifier/Farragut event: confer fort/Huntley, etc). That value can’t wxceed for one side. Then that DRM is used as a drm would be in regular combat (force ratio general rating, etc). So if confederate has a drm +2 for amphibious assault, and union has a +2 for force ratio , then both sides get drm or would it be net of 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding in regular battle is that each side has its own DRM, there is no offset.
The Amphibious DRM is calculated separately and netted off. It then becomes a net DRM for one side (only) then becomes part of their overall DRM.
So in your example both sides would have a +2 DRM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.