Subject: Co-op Thief commits crime at the same spot twice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barett Sexsmith
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
The rule book states "The Pack can return to a crime scene they have previously robbed. However, they can only rob each crime scene once. If
they return, the app will play footsteps." but in our game this evening the Thief committed a crime at spot 352, we captured him, then he went back and committed a crime there again. Am I misinterpreting the rules, or did we experience a bug?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barett wrote:
The rule book states "The Pack can return to a crime scene they have previously robbed. However, they can only rob each crime scene once. If
they return, the app will play footsteps." but in our game this evening the Thief committed a crime at spot 352, we captured him, then he went back and committed a crime there again. Am I misinterpreting the rules, or did we experience a bug?

New thief went to 352.

The 'same thief' cannot return to a crime during their spree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barett Sexsmith
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So when you capture one of the pack, it becomes a new thief and can backtrack/rob a place again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barett wrote:
So when you capture one of the pack, it becomes a new thief and can backtrack/rob a place again?

What do you mean by 'one of the pack'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barett Sexsmith
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
When you are playing co-op, you have to capture 7 thiefs all called "the pack"
So one of the thiefs in co-op mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a different thief, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barett wrote:
It's also my understanding (and experience) that each spot can only be robbed once.
Did you watch the replay to check what happened? Are you sure that spot 352 was the only option after the two free moves?

byronczimmer wrote:
It's still a different thief, yes?
No. The pack acts as a single thief that has to be arrested multiple times. The thief cards are just the "lives" the pack has. The pack should not be able to rob the same space more than once, regardless of which thief card is at the top of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barett Sexsmith
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Yes I watched the replay, wish I had screen shotted it but they for sure robbed the same spot twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sarnowski
msg tools
mbmb
I had the same issue during my last game and was able to screenshot the problem. The thief moved from 386->376->367->376->386 and robbed 376 both times. There were no arrests made during these moves and I think that there is either an error in the app or I completely misunderstand the movement rules for the thief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.