Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Greetings,

last night we completed our first game which left us with quite positive impressions I might say.

Some questions:

1. I already have 2 serious wounds and 1 light would. If I receive 2 light wounds at once, do I resolve them individually thus gaining a third serious wound and then another light wound, resulting in death or do I hang on for dear life?

2. If I am to complete the "no survivors but you" objective do I have to actually travel to earth or will Mars do? I am asking since the alternative objective on the same card is actually traveling to earth.

3. A danger noise roll or exploration token in a room saturated with noise and no neighboring intruders results in what is essentially silence or is an encounter triggered?

4. How will I know to remove the noise token from the technical corridors space if no token is ever placed on the entrances? Or does it stay there forever once it has been activated?

5. Do I actually keep drawing intruder attack cards each time I successfully shoot at an intruder even if it is in the same turn? I know the rules say so, or at least that's how I read it, it just sounds extremely off theme and downright illogical.

6. Interruption action card. The second half states that one interrupt can cancel another. According to the wording this can happen from a different room. Is that how it is intended or is it problematic wording?

Thanks for bothering reading this and any answers would be hugely appreciated.

G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You resolve them individually, however your math is a bit off: you would go from one to three light wounds, meaning you would instead get a serious wound, not another light wound. Remember you only get a serious wound on the third light wound.
So in order to die as a perfectly healthy character, it's 10 light wounds.

2) You have to either travel to earth on a surviving ship, or use an escape pod. Unless your goal specifically states that you travel somewhere else than earth, you need to survive (pod/earth).

3) Silence, as there is already noise everywhere. Just note that this is different than the blank token, that adds a noise to every corridor, whether they are empty or not.

4) I was a bit confused as well, but it's actually pretty simple: if a noise token would ever be placed at a technical corridor entrance (the ones next to rooms), instead place it on the big, red round technical corridor space. Now, there's noise in every single technical corridor entrance space. So the next time an intruder spawens and you remove all noise from corridors, if there is a technical corridor entrance connected to the room, also remove the noise token at the big red round technical corridor space.
It's simply a handy way to not have to place, and remove, noise at every single technical corridor entrance all the time.

5) Yes, it's a way to get a lucky shot. So I shoot and deal one wound, but it had 5 life - bad shot. Then I shoot again, deal one wound, but now I draw the 2 life card - lucky shot, it dies. I love this thematic variance that sometimes you get lucky.

6) Not sure, but I would guess you can interrupt everything. Only interrupt in same room, both effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Olivas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can only interrupt actions in your same room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veliks Bigkowski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the blank token is like the "danger" symbol. So if i draw the blank token (during an encounter) and there is at least one noice token in one of the corridors, there will be an encounter? I thought you just place one in each corridor but not if there is allready one. Wow the blank token gets worse and worse for my crew every week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hello and thanks for all the answers!

Just a question though. What do you mean by blank token that adds noise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dickinson
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Veliks wrote:
I thought the blank token is like the "danger" symbol. So if i draw the blank token (during an encounter) and there is at least one noice token in one of the corridors, there will be an encounter? I thought you just place one in each corridor but not if there is allready one. Wow the blank token gets worse and worse for my crew every week

The blank token is like the danger symbol, without the potential moving of intruders of course. I think maybe Mikkel missed the fact that when you resolve an encounter you remove all noise tokens before you draw a token. So the blank just makes sure there are noise tokens everywhere.

EDIT:

eraserhead wrote:
Hello and thanks for all the answers!

Just a question though. What do you mean by blank token that adds noise?

When you trigger an encounter, pulling the blank token out of the bag is what we're talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tetengo wrote:
Veliks wrote:

The blank token is like the danger symbol, without the potential moving of intruders of course. I think maybe Mikkel missed the fact that when you resolve an encounter you remove all noise tokens before you draw a token. So the blank just makes sure there are noise tokens everywhere.

He did, he misremembered, and he has edited accordingly. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veliks Bigkowski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heheh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to 5.) It does make sense. You just do not know how much an alien can take. So you shoot at it and when you hit it you might have done the lucky shot that kills it on the spot. But you just may not, and have to hit it again and again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
6)Only a character in the same room. This restriction applies to both options described on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Gregaria answers are MOSTLY true. As for the 6. question: you can only Interrupt another Interrupt happening in the Room you are in. Sorry for missing that little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.