Hide
2 Posts

Agility» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How important is card counting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
It seems like knowing what 3 numbers your opponent can advance the track by is very helpful. Is it so valuable that you really need to be doing it and modifying your strategy to keep 1 or 2 cards hidden from your opponent until key turns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be good to know but I usually forget to keep track and generally do fine. I guess it depends on your opponent. If one person is card counting and the other isn't, the counter would have an advantage. However, since both people start with 3 cards, there is an unknown for what your opponent has exactly.

It is good to know what cards they have in order you don't set them up on a good play on the roundel but if you don't remember, you can always try to get the spots that benefit you the most which may do just as well.

Additionally, if you have a broad range of card numbers, than you can react better to where they go and have more options on where to go on the roundel to benefit you.

In summary, yes, it is better to remember the cards but I don't think it necessarily decides the game if you play smart enough. If you are worried about memory, you could house rule that any cards that are known by your opponent can go face up in front of you but that may slow the game down with that additional knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.