Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wessman
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping someone who attended Spiel can identify a particular vendor that offers really good discounts at Spiel. If memory serves, they were in a corner of Hall 1 (they have had the same location for the last 3 years that I have attended.) Their booth is extremely popular and always has a line of people waiting to get in. Here is what I bought and the prices:

€25.00 Dead of Winter: The Long Night
€20.00 Clockwork Wars
€5.00 Mythotopia
€5.00 Onward to Venus!
€5.00 The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game
€5.00 Xibalba
€5.00 Xibalba Generals Expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the place you mean, in the front left corner of hall 1, but their space on the map this year just says "Asmodée". Maybe Asmodée bought them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
it is the heidelberger discount booth.

D_Wessman wrote:
I'm hoping someone who attended Spiel can identify a particular vendor that offers really good discounts at Spiel. If memory serves, they were in a corner of Hall 1 (they have had the same location for the last 3 years that I have attended.) Their booth is extremely popular and always has a line of people waiting to get in. Here is what I bought and the prices:

€20.00 Clockwork Wars
€5.00 Mythotopia
€5.00 Onward to Venus!
€5.00 Xibalba
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nowadays "Asmodee Discount booth" whistle

Last year - the first year of Asmodee running the booth - the prices haven't been that fantastic. But this year they had some really good offerings again. But to get a hold on the ebst pieces youll need to have an exhibitor pass and start queueing up way before 10.00 yuk

yudp wrote:
it is the heidelberger discount booth.

D_Wessman wrote:

€20.00 Clockwork Wars
€5.00 Mythotopia
€5.00 Onward to Venus!
€5.00 Xibalba
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
It's by far "the one place" to avoid when visiting spiel. (for me at least, it is)
Most games are half-failed sales which doesn't mean they're bad per sé, it just means you'll probably not even be able to sell them for those prices yourself when you get bored of them. Also they're mostly older titles, again not necessarily a bad thing.

But most horrible is the ridiculous amount of people queuing for this outlet, it's the single worst place in the entire fair grounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll never find out what's on the end of the queue... Everytime I see it I am thinking no way I gonna stand there to find out what's on the end... Furthermore Heidelberger has not a lot of games of interest to me...

If you like to compare prices you can use this german website, tracking best prices: https://www.brettspiel-angebote.de/bestpreise/
(I think most retailers will be from Germany - I just bought 1 game from retailers at Essen Spiel yet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.